Chapter 28

"If you don't fight for what you love, don't cry for what you lose"

Abbie's POV -

To terrified to talk I simply stared at him. His eyes hardened and he removed his hand from my mouth and yanked me through the house.

I didn't know where he was taking me. We went through some doorways and down some stairs. As he was dragging me I felt spindly fingers scratch at my arms and face making me cry in pain.

I protested and struggled in his grip, but his stride didn't falter.

We entered one room and he switched on the light but it didn't do much. The single hanging dull bulb swung slightly as it illuminated the room. He slammed the door shut behind us.

It was a dull room with faded paintwork and a crooked table with two unstable chairs either side of it. An interrogation room.

He shoved me roughly onto one of the chairs before sitting in the in one opposite. His posture was tense and his gaze was harsh and angry.

"What do you want?" He growled.

"I need your help" I stuttered and gulped.

"Help? Honey, I'm a lost soul we don't tend to help people" he replied whilst chuckling sinisterly.
"Besides didn't your mother ever tell you not to play with the devil, as he will always cheat?"

What? What's that got to do with anything?

He smiled creepily at my before averting his gaze to the floor and glaring at it.

"I need help with my Luke; my guardian" his head snapped up at me words.

"Luke Hemmings?" he questioned and I needed in response.

His glare turned into a smirk and he said "what wrong with him?"

"He's turned dark, and I need the real Luke back" he let out a loud laugh and leaned backwards in his seat.

"Finally, I've been waiting for him to turn dark for a while - nearly did too with the fire." He chuckled "is he with you? He would be a great asset to our cult" he said and smirked at me once again.

"No he's not. And I won't turn him over - I want to cure him" I stated firmly.

"Then why did you come to me?" He said slowly with a scratchy voice whilst leaning closer to me. I found myself trying to lean backwards out of his harsh glare.

"Because I wanted to see if there was any way of reversing the darkness"

"So you came to a lost soul? A being who will taunt, tease and lie to you just because it entertains us? Are you stupid?"

"I think I am, but my head is all over the place. I just want Luke back" I cried.

"If I cared - which I don't - I would probably feel sorry for you but instead I'm going to kill you. Because that is fun, for me" he stated before jumping to his feet.

My eyes widened and I scrambled out of the seat and started to stumble away. He flipped the table over and strode towards me whilst growling.

I ran to the door but it was locked. Perfect.

Spinning around I faced him and put my hands up defensively.

"Wait! Wait please just let me explain" I cried but it didn't stop his movements.

"Please! I'll do anything" I pleaded and he finally stopped one or two inches away from me.

"Anything?" He asked and I nodded in reply.
He smirked and placed his hands either side of my head on the wall behind me.

"So, princess, if I help you get loverboy back - you will do anything for me? Correct" he stated and I nodded once again.

"Okay then, but just a warning I wouldn't trust myself. I can be a complete asshole" he said whilst moving away from me slowly.

"I'll meet you tomorrow, inside your apartment. I don't know what time - I'm a busy man; well I'm not a man. But that's besides the point. You better be there and you better be alone. Got it?" He questioned.

"Yeah, I got it" I replied.

"Good. Now have fun trying to get home" he finished before turning invisible and leaving me in the dark room with all the lost souls outside the door.

----

I stumbled into Jo and Michael's apartment, bruised and scared from the lost souls teasing and scratching.

"Where have You been?" Jo exclaimed as I walked into the kitchen. Jo, Michael and Calum stood in a cluster and stared at me.

"I went for a walk" I lied.

"And came back looking as though you lost a battle with the friggin wolverine! Are you alright?" Jo questioned and I nodded in reply.

"Abbie, can I talk to you in the living room. Now." Calum said and marched out of the room. Well I think I pissed someone off.

Sighing I walked into the room and stood before him.

"You went to St.George's street, didn't you?" He questioned angrily and I nodded sheepishly in reply.

"After I specifically told you not to! Jesus Abbie! You could've been killed - I mean look at you, you look like hell"

"Gee thanks" i sarcastically replied and rolled my eyes.

"This isn't a joke Abbie! Just please tell me you didn't make a deal or agree to meet with one of them" he said apprehensively.

I stayed silent and looked to the floor.

"For fucks sake!" He exclaimed whist running his hands down his face; I guess he took my answer as a yes.