Chapter 35

Abbie's POV -

My feet kicked out and struggled as my breathing got shallow. I was gasping but it was only making me panic even more. My eyes were squeezed shut and I started to prepare my self mentally. 

"Oh, bollocks! You had one job you twats!" Crowley started to curse at his followers. He released the invisible grip that was holding me to the wall and I slipped down into a sobbing heap. 

"I told you to keep Luke in one place! So what do you do? Let him go?" He roared rhetorically. 

Luke? I looked around the room in search for him.... but he was gone. He left me.

Panic erupted in my veins. The three other men stormed out of the room in search for Luke, Crowley turned to me slowly.

"Hello, Abbie. The names Crowley" he said in a mocking tone.

"Sorry for the use of language back there, you just can't get the right help these days" he countered as he crouched before me.

"Of course, that's all your fault" he glowered and glared at me.

"What? How?" I croaked out as my breathing still felt restricted.

"You have distracted one of my best men and have taken him away from me!" He yelled. What? who have I taken? Then it dawned on me....Dylan. I remember now how the other lost souls were talking about their 'boss'.

"That's not all my fault, he agreed to help me" I replied and started to climb to my feet. He watched me struggle with an amused expression on his face.

"Of course he would help you, Abbie" he said.

"What? Why?" I countered confused.

"Isn't it obvious?" He said and gestured to the space around him.

"A lost soul won't help anyone - yet he willingly helped you. He always tries to kiss you, he tried to save you and was worried about you" he said in a certain mocking tone.

"Do those antics sound familiar?" He said and looked me dead in the eyes.

After not seeing that I was cottoning on he sighed.

"Guardian" he said in a duh tone.

"What?" I asked, genuinely confused "Luke is my guardian"

"Yeah" he said "well done for figuring that one out, but Dylan is also your guardian" he said.

"W-what? How's that possible?" I gasped.

He shrugged "order messed up, you just so happened to be in the middle of it - but you really didn't handle it well. I mean seriously, you had control at first when you selected Luke, but then when you found Dylan for help, tsk tsk tsk" he scolded "you weren't supposed to do that"

My head spun at the news. I have two guardians.

"But you've managed to push them both into the darkness, I congratulate you for that" he chuckled "you lead them right into my willing arms - and you thought you were helping Luke" he shook his head and stood up.

"B-But, what?" I stuttered "I don't understand" I finished and looked at him.

"Let me explain" he rolled his eyes "when you were little Luke and Dylan were both appointed to you. They both looked out for you and fell in love with you" he started.

"They were actually good friends, that was until they found out that they were both your guardian. Then things got nasty. Hence the reason why Luke always looked mad when you first saw him - it was because he was constantly fighting for your attention with Dylan"

"But then came the day when he asked you to kiss him, and you said yes. That day you automatically turned Dylan dark. This why he is so angry all the time - you didn't even give him a chance!" He chuckled.

"Well, how was I supposed to know?" I said and ran a hand through my knotted hair.

"You weren't, that's part of the game" he said as if I were dumb. My eyebrows furrowed in anger and sadness. I didn't mean for any of this to happen.

"Why are you hunting me?" I timidly asked.

"Because" he sighed "I want both Luke and Dylan for my cult, but they won't join me and concentrate if you are still here - You are in my way basically. Once I get rid of you, I will have their undivided attention" he finished and smirked sinisterly at me.