Chapter 14

Luke's POV -
I smiled and waved at Jo as I walked out of the doorway. I set off towards the house eager to get home to Abbie.

I stopped slightly when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. After searching, I eventually found it and pulled it out whilst looking at the screen.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I saw that I had a new voicemail from Abbie.
As I continued to walk home I pressed the phone up to my ear and listened to the message.

"Luke its me, there's someone in the house. They were in my room Luke! they're still in the house! oh my g-" Abbie's frantic and panicked voice was cut off and replaced by beeping.

Fear streaked through me and I broke into a sprint along the pathway.

My eyes widened when I saw the house. It hand an orange and grey glow to it and you could feel the heat radiating off of it.
Panic course through my veins. Someone did this and Abbie is still inside.

The kitchen windows blew and smashed outwards because of the intense pressure and heat this forcing me to the ground in shock.

I prepared myself to enter the building when I was stopped by our neighbour; Mrs Haywood.

"Young boy, don't go in there! I've called the fire department, they are on the way. I'm sure they'll get to Abbie in time" she looked at my sympathetically.

I shrugged her off of me and pushed open the back door. I heard her shouts and pleas for me to go back, but they didn't register. All I could think about was Abbie and I was going into a frenzy of panic because she was still in the burning house.

I ran into the kitchen and skidded to a stop when I saw that the doorway was set alight.

I tugged my hood over my head and my sleeves down over my arms before entering the blaze.

I ran through the living room and opens the door and started to run upstairs. I crashed into the bedroom and started to frantically look for Abbie.

I covered my mouth with my sleeve to prevent myself from inhaling any smoke.

"Abbie! abz? where are you? call out baby!" I screamed whilst looking in the closet and under the bed.

Panic rushed through me and I found myself become angry. I started to think sinister thoughts - dark thoughts.

Cursing at myself I ran back downstairs to the living room. I searched the room when my eyes landed in a black figure in the centre of the room.

Abbie.

Hot tears ran down my face as I turned her over. Her face had black smudges of it and she had blood on the base and side of her neck.

I shrugged off my jumper, wrapped her in it and picked her up bridal style. As I rose to my feet the mirror above the fire place caught my eye.

"Tiger, tiger burning bright,
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye could frame thy feared symmetry" was scratched into the mirror along with a sinister smiley face beside it.

The lost souls. They are the only things that could pull something like this off. Plus the poem and the face is their trade mark.

I ran out through the back door and I didn't stop running until I was far away from the house.

I came across a piece of grass and lay Abbie's weak body onto it. Fear racked through my body as I fumbled to try and find a pulse.

"Come on abbie! you can't leave me! I only just got you!"

The sirens were clearer now and I felt someone tug me into a standing position. I thrashed in their restrains.

"Abbie! abbie!" I cried getting angrier and angrier as I saw them place her onto a stretcher, place an oxygen mask over her mouth and push her into an ambulance.

"Sir, you need to calm down! getting angry and worked up won't help her. She needs you! so calm down and get in the ambulance calmly" a fireman spoke, rather sternly, to me.

I shakily nodded and climbed into the back of the van.