Chapter 3

Abbie's POV-

My heart was beating rapidly in my chest. I took a deep breath and contemplated turning around. Weary of the glass around me, I mustered up enough courage, and pivoted on my toes to spin around. Letting out a shaky breath I stared at the blue-eyed boy in front of me. He scowled back.

We didn't say or do anything for a matter of minutes. We just stared.

He looked angry, like he did the first time I saw him - when he was behind me in my mirror. He was dressed head to toe in black and, again, he had dark shadows around his eyes and his veins were prominently visible against his pale skin.

"Why are you in my house?" I stated. Trying to sound confident but my voice gave me away. I was petrified.

"So you can see me?" His calm deep voice startled me.

"Y..yeah why wouldn't I be able to see you?"

"Well you haven't been able to see me for years....its just recently that you have been able to." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. What was he a stalker?

"What do you mean? are you stalking me? how did you get in my house? why are you in my house? what do you want from me?" The questions flowed from my mouth as I started to ramble.

I was cut off when I, stupidly, took a step towards the boy, but my foot reeled back in pain.

"Son of a...." I had stepped on the shattered glass. Not smart.

The boy rushed over to me, grabbed me and started carrying me bridal-style towards my kitchen table.

"Why the hell would you do that? are you stupid? God, you literally just smashed that glass" the nameless boy seethed at me.

"Well sorry but my mind is kinda elsewhere at the moment don't you think?" he didn't answer. Instead he strode over to one of my kitchen cupboards and bought over the 'emergency' first aid kit.

"Wha...how did you know that was in there?" I asked.

"Well, you could say I know this place like the back of my hand" he smoothly replied. He started to bandage up my foot. I took this as an opportunity to properly look at him. He still looked freaky but his face had some colour to it now, meaning that it didn't have a ghoulish tinge to it. His blonde hair was styled into a quiff, he had piercings - lots of them and I could see tattoos showing from underneath his collar.

I came back to reality and jerked my foot out of his grasp.

"What? don't touch touch me! I don't even know you! why are you in my house?" I asked again. This was seriously starting to creep me out.

He raised his hands up defensively. "Look, I'll give you answers in a minute - it's a very long and boring story" he rolled his eyes. " But first, can I patch up your foot? or would you rather it get infected?" he sarcastically replied. He stared me dead in the eyes with a hard stare. It was...strangely intoxicating, like I couldn't look away.

I shyly nodded. I was never a fighter. I never won arguments and never talked back. I was never out going. I ways let people walk over me. It made life simpler and problem free.

He finished patching up my foot, grabbed my waist and pulled me from the table. When both my feet were on the floor our bodies were tightly pressed together because of the small amount of space between him and the table.

"Uhhhh...." I awkwardly coughed, trying to drop his intense stare.

"Shall we go to the other room? ya know, to talk?" it sounded more like a question than a statement.

"Sure" he curtly nodded, dropped his hands from my waist and followed me out of the room.

I sat on one side of the sofa - trying to distance myself from him. I tucked a stray hair behind my ear and turned my gaze towards him. Only to find his glare already on me.

"So... what's your name?"

"Luke" he replied.

"Cool. Umm.. I'm Abbie" I stated with a pathetic little wave.

"I know" He smirked. How did he know? what is he a psycho? Well, he probably is considering he is randomly in my house.

"Why are you here? in my house I mean?" I clarified.

"I'm your guardian" he replied cooly.

"My what?"

"Your guardian - you know someone who looks after you?"

"No, surely that's like...my family and friends?"

"Well, it depends." He sat forwards and placed his elbow on his knees. Resting his head on his hands he scowled at me. "Do you feel safe? do you feel safe when you're with Jo? with your parents? with Tilly? Jake? your grandad?"

Wha...? how did he know Jo? or jake? Or my grandad? I knew it. He's staking me.

I stood up. " Alrighty Luke, as much as this has been fun - I'm going to call the police now. You have successfully freaked me out and I....." I didn't get to finish my sentence.

Luke was in front of me - again - blocking me and preventing me from going anywhere.

"No" he yelled. " There's no need. Your just upset because I'm right and you can't accept the you don't feel safe. Or loved or accepted anywhere you go."

Ouch. That was harsh - But thinking about it, it's kinda true. My sister always had the attention, from everyone. Jo is just bonkers and irresponsible. My work? well there's perverted customers and shady bosses. And in school I only ever had Jo and jake. I suppose I did have Faye and Mickey in my classes as well.

Luke kept his intense stare on me. I looked down at the ground as my eyes filled with tears. What? I never cried. I suppose having someone dig up things that you trained to keep buried can make you emotional.

His cool grip on my arm startled me. I looked up into his blue eyes and found that his gaze wasn't as harsh as before. He almost looked...sorry.

"Look, I didn't mean it like that. Can we just sit down? then I can explain a bit more to you?"

I nodded and the side of his mouth twitched into a ghost of a smile. We both sat down simultaneously.

"So...where shall i begin?" Luke muttered running a hand through his hair.