1. Test Day

He looked down at the paper in his hands not believing the word that had been scrolled across the results line. He looked up at the nurse trying to find some sort of sign of a joke but it wasn't. It was there in pen and paper.

Omega.

-earlier that day-

Today was the day, all of class 1-A was finally going to find out their second genders.

There were three sub genders.

1) Omega, typically seen as weak and docile. Once a month they go through a thing called heat, basically their really horny and want their mate, additionally, they are the most fertile during their heat and yes that includes males.

2) Beta, there wasn't anything special about them. They're just normal humans or as normal as people can get in a society with quirks.

3) And lastly, the one almost anyone wants, alpha. Alphas were seen as strong and powerful, alphas had the best chance of becoming a hero. They have a similar thing to an omegas heat, it's called a rut, it doesn't happen nearly as often.

Kirishima was excited to finally have it confirmed that he was an alpha, he knew he was, he had to be.

"Hey, Kiri! You ready for today?" Kaminari asked running up from behind Kirishima.

"Ya dude!" Kirishima said. "But there's no point I already know I'm gonna be an alpha." Kirishima pounded his fists together like he usually did when he was pumped up.

"Man I wish I was that confident over this," Kaminari said. "I'm probably a beta, not nearly as cool."

"I don't think it matters if your a beta or not, you're still awesome," Kirishima said.

Kaminari was about to respond when a certain blond pushed past them. "Move nerds," he muttered bumping their shoulders on purpose.

"How do you even like him?" Kaminari asked as Bakugo walked away and into class.

"I don't like him," Kirishima tried to defend himself. He knew he did, he had had a crush on the explosive blond all year. The problem was that relationship's between two alphas rarely work out. Alphas mated with omegas and betas mated with betas. That was it. If they were both alphas then it would never work out.

"Sure you don't," Kaminari said. "Anyway class is gonna start, come on," Kaminari said heading to the door and walking into class.

Kirishima followed behind his friend. They found Aizawa lying on the floor in his sleeping bag while the rest of the class talked excitedly about today.

Everyone was talking in their main groups and Kirishima noticed a few classmates bouncing their leg nervously as they waited for class to start.

"Kiri, Kami, come over here," Sero called them over to where he was talking with Mina and Bakugo, well Bakugo wasn't talking but had been forced into the conversation because they were talking in front of his desk.

They went to join their friends who were also talking about the tests today. "Hey, guys how's it going?" Mina asked.

"Not bad," Kirishima said.

"I'm tired," Kaminari said with a small yawn.

Bakugo tsk'ed "You should get more sleep than dunce face," Bakugo grumbled. As much as he pretended to hate all his classmates he did care for them, though he would never admit it or say it out loud.

They noticed the yellow sleeping bag get up. "Class quiet down, I have an announcement to make," Aizawa said. The class quieted down and sat in their seat. "As you all know today the first years will be taking the test to find out your second genders, that is unless some of you have already taken them."

It was rare, but sometimes parents would pay to find out their child's second gender before high school.

"Since we are class A we will be going first. You'll be going in groups of three when recovery girl calls you down. The school will keep your results on record but you are not obligated to tell anyone else," Aizawa said. "Though as your scents become more potent it will become more clear to everyone else, but you should tell you're parents when you get home."

The intercom turned on calling down the first three students, Aoyama, Mina and Tsu. They left the class and everyone else had free time till they were called down.

Iida, Uraraka and Ojiro were next.

And then it was Kirishima's turn to go with Kaminari and Koda.

Two other nurses had been brought in for this assessment. Kirishima was paired up with a woman who looked to be about in her late 20's early 30's, though with quirks it could sometimes be hard to tell.

She had cropped blue hair and was wearing one of those doctor jacket things.

"Good morning Mr. Kirishima, how are you today?" She asked with a smile.

"I'm good thank you, how are you?" Kirishima asked not wanting to be rude.

She smiled brightly. "Very well thank you. If you could just sit right here for me and we can start the assignment," She said with a smile.

"Ok," Kirishima said sitting on the bed.

"Are you nervous at all?" She asked as she hooked up the blood pressure machine.

"Not really," Kirishima told her. "I'm already pretty sure with what my second gender is."

"Is that so?" She asked gaining a nod from Kirishima. "Well then, let's waste no time and get right to it!" She said happily.

The tests were easy but also a little odd. Of course, it was nothing Kirishima couldn't handle.

Kirishima was given a shot and she took a blood sample.

"What was the shot for?" Kirishima asked curiously.

"It's to make sure you don't accidentally activate your quirk during the tests, it should wear off by the time you go back to class," she said with a smile.

"Oh ok," Kirishima said.

She walked him through the tests and as soon as it had started it was done. She looked down at the results that were on her clipboard and Kirishima could have sworn he saw her frown a little while muttering something to herself.

"Well," she said. "That ends the testing, here are your results if you have any questions feel free to ask me," she said handing the clipboard over to Kirishima.

He took it confidently and read over the results. His smile fell and brows furrowed as he read over the results again and again. He looked down at the paper in his hands not believing the word that had been scrolled across the results line. Kirishima looked up at the nurse trying to find some sort of sign of a joke but it wasn't. It was there in pen and paper.

"This can't be right," he said quietly to himself.

Written nicely across the results line in pen Kirishima found the word he dreaded.

Omega.

(Posted Dec 25, 2020)

Not So Weak -KiriBaku-जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें