20)Curses, Maps, and Moons

-Anwen's POV-

"Alright, so what happened during the Goblin Riots of the eighteenth century?" I quizzed Lily. We were in the library, going over exam notes.

"Well, that's when they made the law about the wands. Wand Legislation, and goblins were not permitted to use wands, along with house elves." Lily answered smoothly.

"Who was the first Supreme Mugwump of the International Confederation of Wizards?" I asked.

"Pierre Bonaccord." Lily replied quickly.

"And why did the Wizarding Community of Liechtenstein not approve of his appointment as Supreme Mugwump?"

"They were having problems with trolls," Lily continued on, "and Bonaccord wanted to give the trolls rights and stop troll hunting."

"How was the Statute of Secrecy breached in 1749?" I read the next question.

"Vampires-" Lily started, but stopped when she saw someone behind me. "Hi Mary!"

I turned around and saw Mary Macdonald with a wide smile on her dark face. "Hello Lily! Hello Annie!"

"Hi. Are you here to study too?" I asked.

"I'm here to find a book about Estonian Poisonbreaths. I'm wondering if they really are as poisonous as they sound." Mary responded.

"Oh, let me know what you find. It sounds interesting." I spoke. Mary nodded and waved goodbye. "See you later!" We all said in unison.

"What was the question again?" Lily asked.

"How was the Statute of Secrecy breached in 1749?" I repeated the question.

"Vampires-" Lily began, but was interrupted.

"Hey, Lily. Annie." Severus acknowledged us.

"Hi Sev." We replied in unison.

"Are you here to study too?" I asked the question again.

Sev's face flushed. "No," he mumbled, "I'm meeting my friends."

Lily gave him a confused look. "You mean Avery and Mulciber?"

"Yeah." He answered awkwardly

"We'll let you get to them then. You don't want to keep them waiting." Lily replied with a slightly bitter tone in her voice. His face flushed again and he walked away.

"I told you. He has new friends now." She continued with the attitude still in her voice.

"We still are his friends. He's just finally getting used to his friends in Slytherin." I responded.

"But these friends are on the path to Death Eaters. So is Sev, now." She explained.

I paused. My brother was friends with some weird people. In Slytherin. Maybe Sev is on that path...

"I guess you're right." I agreed. "But maybe we'll change his mind."

She smiled and nodded. "I suppose we could. Let's get back to studying."

"How was the Statute of Secrecy breached in 1749?" I asked again.

"Vampires-" Suddenly, we heard screaming and turned toward it. Mulciber was edging towards Mary Macdonald, his wand out.

"What is going on?" Madam Pince arrived on the scene.

"This filthy half blood was judging me. So I was going to teach her a lesson." Mulciber spat out.

"All of you out!" She shrieked, shooing the group of boys first, then shooed everyone else out. Including us.

We hurried out, catching up to Mary, who was crying. "Are you alright?"