37)Surprise

I woke up feeling absolutely horrible. I climbed out of my bed, feeling as if I needed to vomit. Instead, I made my way to the kitchen to eat breakfast.

     As I walked down the stairs, I noticed no one else was up. Now I have to make breakfast.

     We had a rule that if you were the first one up, you would have to make breakfast for everyone. Usually James or Lily, sometimes Mr Potter, were up first, always making something fancy. If one of the Blacks were up first, breakfast is usually just toast or oatmeal.

     I strolled into the kitchen and got out some bread to make some toast. Lily entered the kitchen, her green eyes droopy. "Is it okay if I make something else?"

     "Sure. Less work for me." I replied, buttering the warm toast. She got out a bunch of ingredients and got to work. At this point, I had no idea what she was making.

     I continued making more and more toast, probably more than we can eat. I checked on Lily and saw her pouring batter into little cups. "You're making cupcakes?"

     "Yeah." Lily responded grumpily.

     "Is it really a breakfast food? I watched as she slipped the pan into the oven.

     "It's not, but I feel like having cupcakes." Lily snapped. "Something wrong with that?"

     "No, cupcakes are good." I said, putting the toast on a plate.

     Mr Potter wandered into the kitchen. "We're having toast?"

     "And cupcakes." I added.

      Mr Potter didn't even question it. He smiled and got out plates to set the table.

      I set the plate of toast on the table and sat down in my normal spot. Sirius and James both entered the kitchen, James about a minute behind Sirius. "Cupcakes?" James asked as Lily pulled them out.

     "I feel like having cupcakes, is there something wrong with that?" Lily grumbled.

     "No, honey. Cupcakes sound great." James kissed her cheek and sat in his normal spot. Lily made frosting while we all grabbed some toast.

     I finished off four pieces of toast and had a cupcake when Lily brought them over. "Woah, that was a lot of food. Do you feel sick?" Sirius asked.

     "I felt sick before." I retorted.

     "Calm down on the cupcakes, Lily!" James called as Lily picked up her third cupcake.

     "I decide when I get to calm down on cupcakes." She took a huge bite to rub it in.

      My stomach started churning and I quickly raced to the washroom.

     Long story short, I vomited.

     "Are you alright?" Sirius asked after I came back from barfing and changing into new clothes.

     "Shush!" I took a seat and slumped in it.

     "Well, we have to discuss the letter I just got." Sirius chuckled.

     "If it's not about Voldemort or the Order of the Phoenix, I don't want to hear it." I said.

     "It's neither of those, but you will want to hear it." Sirius pulled the letter out of his pocket. "Dear Sirius Black, we are sad to inform you that your mother died a week ago-"

     "Oh, I'm sorry." I grumbled sarcastically.

     "As the only close family member still alive, you have inherited her home, 12 Grimmauld Place." Sirius finished.