18)Memories

-Anwen's POV-

"The school year is going by so fast!" Lily said as we sat in the corner in the common room.

"It seems like only yesterday we started our fifth year." I agreed, stretching back on the floor.

"Yeah. Remember, in our third year, when we gave Sev a bunch of peppermint Chocoballs from Honeydukes and told him they were caramel?" Lily gave a small giggle.

"We knew how much he loved caramel and hated peppermint. Didn't he start throwing them at us?" I climbed back into my memory.

"Yes! And then we had a Chocoball fight in the common room!" Lily laughed.

"Last year, didn't Frank fancy you or something?" I mentioned.

"I thought he fancied you!" Lily gasped.

"And Alice mentioned that she thought he fancied Bella." I raised a brow.

"Maybe he just fancied all of the girls." Lily snorted.

"Well, like that matters now. He's with Alice now." We both turned to the opposite corner, where both Frank and Alice had fallen asleep, cuddling with each other.

"Awww, that's so cute." Lily sighed.

"Do you think you'll have that with Sev?" I asked casually.

Lily blushed. "I don't really know. I know that he has liked me since we first met and I like him too. But, everything's changing."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, he's been hanging out with some weird people. He's changing."

"But that's not all?" I sat up and looked at Lily, half lost in thought.

"Well, there's another reason." She mumbled. I smiled widely and gave puppy eyes.

She rolled her eyes playfully. "I'm still trying to figure it out, but I'll tell you when I've figured it out."

"Annie?" A voice above me caught my attention.

"Hi, James." I answered. I caught a peek of Lily's face. She blushed for a second, then put a disgusted face.

"Do you want to come to my house for Christmas break? I've already invited Bella, Remus, and Peter. I'm going right now to find Sirius." James sneaked glances at Lily.

"Where is Sirius, anyway? You two are inseparable." I raised a brow.

James made a sound that sounded like of a hybrid between a scoff and a snort. "Probably a love song for his one true love." He then stole another glance at Lily.

"Well, I'll ask my parents about going. And then I'll let you know."

"Alright. And Evans," he winked at her, "you can come too."

She scoffed. "Maybe."

James smiled and skipped away. I smirked. "So, James." I said to Lily.

She blushed. "Like I said, I'm trying to figure it out."

I laughed. She gave a pouty face and I managed to keep myself contained, though a few still occasionally escaped.

"He's still a toerag though. He might have nice eyebrows, but..."

I burst into laughter again. "Eyebrows?"

"Shush Annie, shush. And nice hair. And maybe nice eyes, but he's still mean and cocky."

Her emerald green eyes looked at me. "But, if you and Bella go, can you tell me so I can go too?"

"Sure." I said, not deciding to not embarrass her anymore.

"I'm not just going to be with you lot or to see him," she said that last part quickly, "but I also don't want to see Petunia this Christmas."

"What's been going wrong?"

"She's just been downright mean to me. She's jealous that she doesn't have magic. And I just don't want to deal with her this Christmas."

"Oh, alright." I laid back down, staring at the ceiling. Lily did the same.

"Me and Tuney have always been so close. I don't want to lose that but it's already flying away, out of my grasp. I'm still trying to reach for it, but Tuney making sure it flies farther and farther away." Lily sighed deeply, tears in her almond eyes.

"One day you two will make up. That's what sisters do."

"Well, that's what you and Bella do, but not Tuney and I. This fight has been going on before I even came to Hogwarts."

We laid there, silently. I thought Lily might've fallen asleep until she spoke up again. "How's it going with Remus?"

"Amazing. It feels wonderful. To have someone you love, love you." I felt butterflies in my stomach and I smiled.

"It sounds lovely. And Remus loves you too much, it seems like you two would never break up." Lily gave a happy sigh.

"Yeah. Same with Alice and Frank." We peered at them again. Alice had woken up and she gave Frank a kiss on the forehead before getting back into her original position to fall back asleep.

"Do you remember when we first met? On the train?" I reminded Lily.

She nodded. "I was so scared. I was afraid that I was different because I was Muggleborn. Turns out that that's true, but I'm not scared about it anymore."

"Yeah. I remember being beyond excited about coming here. I still sometimes have that feeling when I wake up in the mornings. Or when I'm hopping on the Hogwarts Express."

She nodded. "I feel that way too. Especially because I didn't know anyone that had magic. Except Sev only a little time before I got my letter."

"It feels only yesterday when I got my letter." I said.

"I know! I don't want it to be over. We only have the rest of this year and two more years after that."

"It won't really be over. We'll still have adventures after Hogwarts." I added.

"You're right. We'll still need to make the best of it, though." She yawned. "Well, I'm tired. And we have our last educational day before a free day before Christmas break."

"I'm pretty tired too. Let's go to bed." We got up in sync and laughed. We linked arms, something we would've done in our first year and walked up to the dormitory to go to bed.

It was good to talk about personal things, boys, and even memories, because there might be a day when we need them. It was better to be prepared than not.