21)O.W.L.s

-Arabella's POV-

     "Who even wants to take their OWLs anyway?" I complained, throwing my study notes across the Common Room. I was about ready to tear out my hair because of stress.

     "Everyone, so that they can stay at Hogwarts?" James pointed out, probably ready to tear out his hair as well.

     "Exams don't even do anything for anyone. It's only a test for the survival of the fittest." Peter leaned back in his chair so aggressively, it almost fell backwards.

     "More like a test for the survival of the smartest." Sirius grumbled. We all looked over at Remus and Annie, who were still skimming over the books.

     "Well, we know who's passing and who's getting kicked out of Hogwarts." I banged my head on the table.

     "Oh, stop being dramatic, Bella." Annie was speaking, but I didn't have the motivation to lift my head. "All of you will do well. If you try."

     "Great, now we have to try." Sirius replied sarcastically. "We weren't trying earlier. Might as well pack up now."

     I could practically see Annie rolling her eyes, even though all I really saw was my legs and my shoes. "All of you are so dramatic. Just get back to studying. Bella can start by fetching her notes that she threw across the room and then we can go over everything together."

     I brought my head off the table and turned towards my sister. I stuck out my tongue and went on the quest for picking up my useless notes. I snatched them from off the ground and stomped back over to the table.

     I slammed myself back into my chair and it fell backwards. Laughing erupted from not only our little study group, but everyone else in the Common Room.

     Sirius jumped up and held out his hands to help me up. I wouldn't have taken them, even if I didn't feel grumpy and even if he wasn't laughing at me.

     "I'll stay here and hopefully rot before they can make my remains go to the exam." I said grumpily to Sirius.

     "I don't want to do them either," Sirius answered, "but we don't have a choice."

     "I'm staying here." I folded my arms. My legs still dangled over the chair and they were going to stay there.

      "I'm not going to let you." He moved to my side, picking me up in what others would call Bridal style, but what I would call in this situation, kidnapped style.

     "Let go of me, you stupid dog!" I cried, kicking my legs.

     He put me in his seat and moved my notes in front of me. He fixed my chair and sat in it with his study notes in front of him.

     "Let's start." Annie acted as if she didn't see that horrible thing that happened to me. "The Defense Against the Dark Arts exam is tomorrow. As well as Transfiguration, and History of Magic."

     "Lovely. I hope that History of Magic is first, because then I'll die of boredom before the other exams." I spoke up.

     Annie glared at me. "Do you need to go to bed?"

     "No." I muttered, adding, "Mum."

     "Good. Let's continue." Annie glared at me, then proceeded to help us for three hours. After those three hours of studying, Annie told us to go get some sleep.

     As soon as my head touched the pillow, I fell asleep, dreaming of McGonagall throwing around the exams, telling us that we all failed.

     "Bella! Arabella Genie King! Get up! Our exams are waiting!" Annie was shaking me awake.