31)The Unfortunate Date

-Arabella's POV-

     I trudged back to the Common Room, getting away from the Library. Annie and Lily had dragged me to the Library to help me study for N.E.W.T.s. Like I need to; I'm planning on being a professional Quidditch player, not some Ministry worker. Annie was obviously going to be one of those, but she was not going to make me be one.

     I slipped into the Common Room, spotting Sirius and James working a little bit more on the map, which was pretty much done.

     Merlin's Toes! I thought. I got down on my knees and crawled around, hoping Sirius didn't see me. I somersaulted in front of the sofa, not noticing the two girls sitting there.

     "What are you doing, Bella?" Mary whispered.

     "Shh!" I put my finger to my mouth, continuing on as Marlene McKinnon started snickering. "Shush!" I said a little too loudly.

     "What are you doing, Bella?" James and Sirius laughed.

     "Practicing my secret spy skills." I replied sarcastically. "No, I was hiding from you, you oily rodent!"

     "No, that's Wormtail" Sirius responded with a smirk. "I'm a stunning dog."

     "No, you're an idiotic-"

     "Calm down, both of you." Marlene giggled. "You two are so cute."

     "And right you are." Sirius flipped his hair as I stood up quickly and started stomping away. "Where are you going?"

     "Away from you, where else?" I snapped. I banged my shoulder into his, almost knocking him down.

     "Woah, chill out. It's just a date." Sirius grinned. I rolled my eyes as I sought refuge in the dormitory.

     I felt really strange. My stomach was turning and I knew it wasn't from food or feminine problems. I didn't really recognise this feeling; it felt weird and I didn't know how to fight it.

     I laid down in my bed, clutching my stomach. "So, you're going out with Sirius Black?" Marlene walked in, Mary trailing behind her.

    "Unfortunately, yes." I replied, kicking off my shoes and tucking myself in my covers.

     "Are you alright? You look sick." Mary asked.

     "My stomach feels different, so maybe a nap will cure it." I responded, still holding my stomach.

     "Maybe it's love." Marlene sighed.

     I gagged. "It's not that, Sirius is an idiot."

      "Well, some people fancy idiots. Trust me, I know." Marlene laughed, taking a seat on my bed. "Both my sister and my brother are courting with idiots."

      "It's not love." I repeated myself. "I don't even know if true love exists."

     "So, you don't know what love is and you don't know what that feeling is?" Marlene smiled.

     "That's not what I said-"

     "Oh, put two and two together, Bella!" Marlene said expectantly.

     "Wouldn't I have felt this earlier, though?" I raised an eyebrow.

     "Perhaps. But this is your first date with him!"

     "Oh, I know what it is!" I said, hoping she'd buy the lie and go away so I could sleep. "I'm nervous because this is my first date in general!"