42)All Hallow's Eve

I woke up to screaming. I rubbed my eyes, realised it was Destiny, and laid back down to go to sleep. Unfortunately, light streamed through the window and I couldn't go back to my last dream, though I didn't remember what it was.

      I finally decided to climb out of bed, slipping on a t-shirt and jeans. I sat down in front of the small table in the room and pulled out a piece of parchment and a quill.

Dear Sirius,

Today is Halloween! I hope nothing spooky happens today; don't want any restless spirits to haunt the house with four little kids inside! I hope you avoid vampires and such. Not that there's anything wrong with them, you might get your blood sucked out though.

     I left the letter as it was and quickly pulled out a little bee costume for Thomas. I had to make it myself since I couldn't go out to get a costume, so the black and yellow stripes looked a bit iffy.

     I made my way over to Thomas, who was rubbing his eyes. "Hey, it's Halloween!" I whispered as he opened his brown eyes.

     He smiled, got out of bed and put his arms up so I could slip the costume on. When I managed to get it over his head, he looked in the mirror and grinned. He walked out of the room and barged into Amy's room. "She's still sleeping." I whispered sharply, but he didn't listen.

     He smacked Amilya awake and luckily, she didn't cry about it. In fact, she had a smile on her face as she got up and followed Thomas to Harry's room. "You can't just wake everyone up!"

     Amy stopped to give me a weird look before continuing her journey into her brother's room. Before I knew it, they were all marching to Lily and James's room. "Nope." I guided them down the stairs and into the kitchen.

     "Why don't we eat?" I pulled out oatmeal and poured some into three bowls. I added some sugar and milk before using a spell to warm up the bowls. After they were a considerably warm, I put one bowl in front of each child. "Now you can't cause trouble." I said, the three kids digging into their food.

     Lily entered the room, her green eyes droopy and Destiny in her arms. "James has the costumes out for the twins."

     "What are they going to be?" I asked, taking a sip of the hot cocoa I had just made.

     "Both of them wanted to be dragons." Lily replied. "And I quickly made a small fairy costume for Destiny."

     I peered down at the small girl, sleeping peacefully in a multicoloured fairy costume. "She looks adorable."

     "Thanks. Thomas looks cute too." Lily looked over at him, spilling oatmeal all over his bee costume.

     "Really, Thomas?" I sighed as he giggled.

     James entered the room. "Hey, wanna be dragons?" James held up two dragon costumes, both of them decorated with beautiful green sequins. The twins squealed with joy and abandoned their oatmeal to follow their father.

     "We can't even go trick or treating with them." I said sadly and watched as Thomas continued to ruin his costume with oatmeal.

     "Actually, James and I were planning something small so they could go trick or treating this year." Lily poured herself some hot cocoa. "Want in?"

--

Later that day, the whole house was decorated with fake spider webs and pumpkins. I was dressed up as the devil, waiting at the bottom of the steps with Thomas and the twins for James's signal. A whistle sounded and I helped the three up the steps.