Final

this is sudden, ik, but i'm not gonna continue this because i don't really like the ending i had planned and shit so yeah. sorry :')

----

The stadium goes quiet for a split second.

And then the audience starts to yell.  Hands thrown in the air, worried and frustrated shouts ringing- Yoongi claps his hands over his ears. His heart thumps wildly in his rib cage. He knows what's going to happen now. He knows. He just hopes Jimin's ready.

The basketball players on the court are frozen.

There's one player, near the edge of the court, fallen and twisted into a heap. It doesn't look good.

The fallen basketball player is hurried off the court, medics surrounding him. Everyone's focusing on the verdict. Yoongi does too, with bated breath. 

And then, the manager of the team runs towards the bleachers down at the court, gesturing wildly. Yoongi stands up, unblinking.

Jimin hurries off from his seat, looking calm and collected but Yoongi knows the younger's probably wailing inwards. He wants to reassure- but he can't do much from here. 

The audience calms down, but they're nervous. They haven't seen the reserve player in action before. They don't know what to expect.

But Yoongi does. he's watched over countless hours of practice Jimin's pushed himself through. The fitful sleeps-everything. He knows Jimin can do this. He knows it.

He just hopes Jimin does too.

Yoongi inhales, praying to all gods above that Jimin will pull though. 

**

Jimin does pull through. He doesn't do anything ground breaking, but he plays well. Enough for the crowd to stop being nervous and enjoy the match. He plays so well, Yoongi's heart swells. He loves watching Jimin play: a dream he'd have loved for himself, but watching Jimin do it is a thousand times better.

Jimin glows. (okay, maybe that's the sweat but-)

The game ends with Jimin's team winning, and Yoongi smiles widely, seeing the reserve player sandwiched by his teammates. It's a pretty picture. One that Yoongi immediately whips out his phone to document. Maybe he'll frame it later for their home.

After all, Jimin's first play for the National Korean Basketball team was a heirloom worthy event.

He doesn't take his eyes off Jimin- he's physically unable to- and when Jimin looks up at the audience, throwing him a happy smile, Yoongi feels so many emotions crashing through him at once: love, pride, happiness- yeah. Park Jimin was his home and his happiness. 

**

"Hyungie!"

Yoongi braces himself for the impact. Jimin hurls himself against him, all muscle and sweat. it's gross, but he'll take it.

"You did well, baby," he says, kissing the man's temple. "I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you," Jimin looks at him, eyes shining. "I can't believe I didn't mess up."

"Your self-confidence is amazing."

"Oh, you know what I mean. I was so nervous!"

Yoongi laughs. "I do, I do. I've a reservation for us at a fancy place. So you might wanna get a wash, hm?"

Jimin hums. "I want a massage though," he pouts. "My legs are cramping."

"Oh, you poor baby," Yoongi coos. "Yeah, I'll give you one, alright? Take a wash first."

Jimin protests, but he un-clings himself from the older. Yoongi ruffles his hair. 

"You know what though?" Jimin suddenly says. "how about a game? Just the two of us?"

Yoongi smiles. "You sure you want that right now?"

Jimin takes his hand. "Positive. I'm pretty sure I can take you down in a sec."

Yoongi scoffs, but he knows Jimin's probably right. Yoongi hasn't played in a while anyway.

"Sure." he finally says.

"Oh and also," Jimin's grin is cheeky. Yoongi knows he's thinking of something playful. "I'm thinking of dyeing my hair again."

"Yeah?" Yoongi runs his hands through the younger's black strands. "You can do that while on the team?"

"Don't think so," Jimin shrugs. "But I really wanna."

Yoongi laughs. Stubborn as always, Jimin is.

"What color, baby?"

Jimin shoots him a smirk.

"Pink."

Pink hair, huh?

Yoongi grins. "I'd love that."

It's where it all started after all, their story: Jimin's outrageously pink hair. 

---Fin.

_____

this was crappy but heh. i wanted to properly end it. so yeah.

XOXO