Chapter 9: Unleashed Feelings

It wasn't two minutes later that Severus apparated to St. Mungo's. He watched as they zoomed her into one room before locking the door behind them. He remained standing in the white corridor where the silence was deafening. From the end of the hallway you could hear a man crying accompanied by the apologies of a doctor. 

Severus slowly walked to the single chairs outside her room as his heavy footsteps made a rather glum tap on the cold, tile floors. He sat down on the pale blue chair, staring at the door as it wrote 'Stacey Angela Ringe' on the whiteboard beside it. 

He was alone in the hallway before a young nurse walked up to him. She stopped just beside him, clutching a clipboard to her chest. Her voice was dainty and timid as she wished him, "Sir, I need to know your relationship to Ms. Ringe and name. Just so we have a track of visitors."

"Severus Snape. I teach in Hogwarts with her and we have been friends for many years now," He stated, his voice barely carrying any changes.

"And perhaps a lover as well?" She asked. 

Severus looked up her but she was unable to sort out what he was feeling towards that accusation. He shook his head and glumly answered, "No."

"Oh, sir I am very sorry. It just seemed like you two were -"

"It's fine."

With a quick sympathetic smile she left. Not a moment after she stopped talking to him she began to talk to another woman with a familiar voice. The nurse left after she asked the same stream of questions to her. Severus' eyes were fixed onto the door as the sound of high heels tapped onto the floor. A tall, slim blonde figure stopped beside him before gracefully taking the seat beside him.

"Hello Narcissa. Where is Lucius?" Severus asked. 

She clutched onto her purse with her gloved hands and sighed, "Even though he gave me the money so she may get better his feelings towards her still haven't changed. He only did it for Draco and my sake. He still thinks that she is a blood traitor Gryffindor who should not be Draco's godmother. The only reason why he tolerates her is because she comes from a line of the best pure bloods. He thinks poorly of her. Sometimes he can be so blind. He can't see why me and Draco think so highly of her. One day he will."

Severus didn't comment on the story as he listened to her. He wasn't in the mood of talking. Now more than ever. 

A third voice came which quickly frustrated Narcissa and Severus. Remus made eye contact with Narcissa who nodded at him quickly before looking aside. Severus, however, wasn't feeling as generous as her. 

"Remus, why must you be here?" Severus hissed, casting him a distasteful glance. 

"Because I have been friends with her for 19 amazing years and, unlike you, I would never let anything harm her," Remus contradicted. His usually kind and calm voice was escalating as his temper being to build up. 

"Better friend? How? You can kill her easily if you aren't careful," Severus spat. But he knew Remus was catching onto what Severus had told Stacey last night. He knew that he could fight Remus all he wanted but in truth? This was all his fault. 

"But you see, Severus, that is the difference between us. I care about her -"

"That wasn't my fault -"

"You sure about that? Because the doctors told me that something traumatic happened before she went to sleep that caused her horrific nightmares to worsen. Ultimately, the nightmares caused her to smash her head against the nightstand during her sleep," Remus contradicted, now attaining Narcissa's attention. "What did you say to her that night, Severus? Stacey isn't a person to get that angry and upset over the smallest things."