Ch 9: A Dance Moving Forward

About 50 demons were dancing to their heart's content to Finnigan's booming voice. The music was pumping as he moved around the stage. Olivia sat in the Princess' booth which was at the back of the club. Charlie and Vaggie sat to her left while Alastor sat to her right. Angel was dancing with some demons while Niffty sat at the bar, talking with Husker. Olivia had to admit, as much as he was a creep, Finnigan had an amazing voice and really knew how to work the crowd. Her foot tapped to the beat. They tried to chat over the music when they could, but mostly just sat in silence and listened to the music. Charlie bounced on the bench now and then, with Vaggie giving her amused glances. Olivia eyed Alastor from the corner of her eye. The flashing lights reflected in his red eyes, making them glow. She had to admit; it gave him a look she liked. He glanced her way and she quickly looked away. The music changed and a slow song came on. Charlie grabbed Vaggie's hand and dragged her to the dance floor, pulling her close and wrapping her arms around her waist.

Olivia smiled fondly at them, but she was now left alone with Alastor. She didn't know why it was awkward as they had been alone multiple times, every day, in fact. She guessed it was because when they were alone before, they kept busy cooking. Now, they were alone, sitting there, doing nothing. She looked up at Finnigan, who was staring at her and giving her suggestive motions with his hips as he sand. She grimaced and gagged. She heard Alastor chuckle beside her.

"Not liking your new admirer?" He grinned.

"Ugh. Not in the slightest. I've dealt with men like him in the past, it never ends well for them."

Alastor laughed. "Yes, unfortunately there are many in Hell like him. Men who think they can get what they want whenever they want. Usually, it's best just to dispose of them."

Olivia snorted. "He's definitely one that should be disposed of, permanently." She lifted her drink to her lips. "Slowly and painfully."

"Is that a request?" Alastor lifted an arm to put behind her on the back of the booth, leaning inn close to her.

"Maybe, are you going to deliver?" She turned to him and cocked an eyebrow.

Alastor's smiled widened further. "We will see what the night brings, won't we?"

They both laughed, and the awkwardness left in an instant as the song changed to a more fast-paced beat. Alastor glanced between Olivia and Finnigan.

"Do you want to give him a reason to leave you alone?"

Olivia looked up at him, "Hell yes."

Alastor grabbed her hand and pulled her up. She put her drink on the table as she rose. He led her to the dance floor and walked close to the stage where Finnigan could see them. The beat was fast as Alastor entwined his fingers with both of her hands. He started to dance and Olivia followed his lead.

Hey little girl with the cash to burn

Well, I'm selling something you won't return

Hey little girl, take me off the shelf

'Cause it's hard having fun playing with yourself

Once you browse through the whole selection

Shake those hips in my direction

It had been so long since Olivia had danced. Her face lit up so brightly as Alastor spun her away and then back to him, pulling her flush against him.

Bring it back if she never did see

Take me home and then unwrap me

Shop around with every dollar, I've got to be