Ch 22: Healing Together

Olivia kept to her room. Charlie or Vaggie would bring her food and try to keep her company, but all Olivia wanted was solitude to deal with what had happened. She felt herself sinking deeper and deeper into her own despair when she finally realized that distancing herself from her friends was not the answer. She woke around 9am four days after the incident. Her body still ached and her head spun. She slowly sat up, giving her mind time to fully wake and glanced around her room. She was alone, but she was home and that's all she cared about. She swung her feet off the side of the bed and took a deep breath. She slowly stood, her legs protesting but held her up. She got dressed but didn't touch her hair or makeup. She figured she could be excused for it for a day. She opened her door and walked down the hallway. She got to the top of the stairs and saw everyone except Alastor sitting around the foyer in silence. She smiled and slowly walked down the stairs. Angel was the first to notice her.

"Doll!" He startled everyone as he shot up and ran over to her. He wrapped all four of his arms around her and picked her up.

The rest of the group ran over to her, each one gave her a big hug.

"Olivia, how are you feeling?" Charlie asked as she grasped Olivia's hands.

Olivia's smiled faltered a little as she looked at her feet.

"I'm...." She gripped Charlie's hands. She looked up with a small smile. "I'm just happy to be home."

Charlie pulled her in for another big hug, and the others joined in. Olivia sniffed and laughed.

Charlie pulled back an gave her a knowing smile. "Come with me." She took Olivia's hand and pulled her back up the stairs. She brought her to the balcony overlooking the entrance. Charlie led her through the doors and across the balcony. "Stay here." Charlie winked and skipped back through the doors.

Olivia shot her a confused look but didn't move. She turned back to the street, watching demons come and go. A warm breeze wrapped around her and she inhaled a deep breath. She closed her eyes and lifted her head towards the sky. He was gone. Truly gone. She knew her heart wasn't healed completely and It wouldn't be for a long time but, she could at least be content with knowing he would never haunt her again. She wrapped her arms around herself as her hair whipped around her face. She smiled when she heard the door open and the familiar sound of tap shoes walking up behind her. Alastor walked up beside her and leaned his elbows on the railing.

"Hi." She said in a small voice.

Alastor smiled. "Hi." He straightened. "I want to take you somewhere. It's a secret place only I know about."

Olivia smiled. "Ooh. Sounds mysterious and I get the honour of knowing this secret place?"

Alastor chuckled. "Of course, my dear." He held out his hand and she placed hers into it.

Alastor pulled her close and wrapped his arms around her waist. She placed her other hand on his shoulder.

"You are not afraid of heights, are you?" Alastor cocked an eyebrow.

Olivia paled. "Well, yes. A little."

He huffed a laugh. "Alright. Just hold on tight and close your eyes."

She hesitated for a moment before complying. She felt the familiar feeling of his shadow teleportation. Then, when the feeling vanished, a huge gust of wind blasted around her. She pressed herself tighter against him. Then, she felt him turn her so her back was against his chest. He leaned forward and whispered in her ear.

"When you open your eyes, don't look down. Just look straight out, alright?"

She nodded. "If you say so."