Ch 44: Price of Redemption

Summary: Sometimes the price of friendship is high. Is it to high for some demons to handle?

Angel sobbed loudly as he kneeled on the floor, devastated by the news of his former friend's demise. Charlie wrapped her arms around Angel's shoulders, bringing him into a crushing hug. Vaggie growled before shutting the case so they wouldn't have to see what lay inside any longer.

"They must have caught Lucy after he sent the information to us." Vaggie whispered sadly.

Olivia spun angrily towards Oscar. "Did you know that was in the case?"

Oscar paled and shook his head. "Honestly, I had no idea. If I had known-"

"You should go." Olivia demanded in a stern voice.

Oscar frowned deeply. "W-what?"

"I said, leave. Now." Olivia took a step towards him. "You are not welcome here."

Oscar sighed and his shoulder dropped. "I came here to offer a piece offering. To show you I want to help. I know I didn't lift a finger in the past, but I want to help in anyway I can."

Olivia locked eyes with him, watching for any sign of deception. After a moment, Olivia sighed and crossed her arms.

"I can't trust you yet. You need to give me more." Olivia stated with a stern voice.

Oscar perked up a little. "Of course, whatever it takes."

Olivia walked over to the paper on the table and ripped off a small piece. She began to write on it when Alastor stood beside her.

"Sweetheart, are you sure about this?" Alastor whispered as he leaned in close.

"I won't be giving him any information, but if he is truthful about wanting to help, then he will send us everything he finds out." Olivia smirked at him as she whispered back and placed a hand on his arm. "I'm not saying we will trust him, but maybe we can use him."

Alastor smirked with pride as she turned back to Oscar with a straight face. She handed him the small paper with her phone number on it.

"You will call only if you have information. Got it?" Olivia said as he grabbed the paper from her, but she held on as she spoke, locking eyes with him.

Oscar swallowed and nodded, tucking the paper into his jacket when she had finally let it go. He looked down for a moment before looking at Olivia again, regret rampant in his golden depths. He left without another word. Olivia sighed and hung her head in her hands as it pounded hard against her skull. Posing was difficult when you still weren't at 100%. She felt a large hand caress her back and a strong presence behind her.

"Darling? Are you alright?" Alastor whispered in her ear, worry evident in his tone.

Olivia looked up at him with tired eyes, but nodded, smiling at him.

"I'll be fine, dearest." Olivia leaned into him for a moment, placing a soft kiss to his lips before turning to the still crying Angel in Charlie's arms. "I should get him away from here."

Olivia walked over to the pair on the floor and kneeled beside Angel, placing her arms around him. She guided him to stand and he followed without any fight. She led him out of the office towards his own room as the others stayed behind. The air in the office was stifling as Charlie sunk into the couch with a long sigh.

"What a disaster." Charlie leaned back against the couch and rested her head against the back. "Could this day get any worse?"

"Ya shouldn't jinx it, cause it really can." Husker grumbled as he took a sip of his bottle.