Imagine #35 (Part Three) - Lost Boys

A/n - Thanks so much for reading!
Comment if you would like to see another part :)
Also, check out my new anime imagines book!

Word Count: 1120

~

"Swimming is easy, how can you not swim?" Marko comments, looking at you curiously.

The four mermen have been trying to coax you into the cold water ever since you made the deal, but each time you've refused because the panic took control. So far, they've been patient with you, trying to encourage you to be brave. But your aquaphobia won't release its hold on your mind.

You scowl, "That's like me saying to you 'how come you can't walk, walking is easy'."

His eyes widen in realization, "Oh, sorry."

"No," you sigh. "Sorry I snapped. It's a touchy subject for me. All my friends can swim, but I can't..." you trail your hand over the rough rock.

"It just takes some time. I'm sure you'll get it soon enough," Dwayne says with a reassuring smile.

That's one thing you've discovered during your time trapped in this cave, their smiles could light up the whole world.

You nod, breathing deeply.

"We'll be right with you, we won't let anything happen to you," David explains slowly.

"Everything'll be fine, doll," Paul adds, flicking a few drops of water at you.

Nodding again, you dip your foot into the water.

Focus, I got this.

You slink off the rock, submerging up to your chest which tightens from fear. Chanting a mantra of 'I'm fine, it's fine', you cling onto the rock like it's your lifeline.

"That's it, good job," David coaches, "Now, let go and we can guide you."

Your hands tighten around the rock, "N-no, I don't think I can do this-"

"You can."

"It's alright."

"No! It doesn't feel alright!" You breakdown, trying to climb out of the threatening water once more.

A cold hand around your ankle stops you, even as you struggle.

"You can't stay here forever or you'll die."

"That's fine," you grit out, straining against his hold.

More hands clamp down on your vulnerable form, making you cry out and sob.

This is awful, this is bad, they're gonna kill me, I gotta escape!

"Shh, you're okay."

"No, I'm not!" You try to kick at them but they are unfazed.

After a few moments of intense panic and struggle, you go limp.

This is how I die.

Eyes wide and full of fright, you stare at the stone wall entrapping you. Four pairs of arms hold you tight, cool against your flushed skin. You almost forgot you're only in your undergarments.

A soft tune reaches your ears, a gentle melody that begins to overwhelm your senses.

They're humming a pretty, haunting tune. The sounds worms into your brain, tricking you into a state of relaxation.

Without a thought, your eyes begin to slowly close.

'You're doing great, Y/n~'

The words sound distorted, barely registering in your mind. You tilt your head, "I am?"