Imagine #24 (Part Three) - Lost Boys

Imagine trying to escape but being caught.

Word Count: 1577

~

It's been a month and you haven't been able to escape. Your wing healed nicely, but you haven't been able to fly since the accident.

Trying to fight past them whenever they untie you has proved useless. You never make it more than three feet, especially with your large wings.

They abandoned the ritual of tying your hands to the bed, instead opting to attach a lengthy chain to the leather choker you haven't been able to wiggle out of. You have to admit, it is better than having your hands tied all the time and it does make sleeping more comfortable.

While fighting outright has proven unsuccessful, you are going to try another angle.

You must gain their trust and escape when they least expect it. And, you can't think about this trickery or else David might notice.

It's going to be hard.

~

David is the first to enter the cave after a happy night of hunting, with Dwayne, Marko, and Paul behind him.

The fires are already lit, illuminating the winged girl who sits upon the bed.

Cross legged, she occupies the middle of the bed, her wings splayed out around her. Her face shows next to no emotion, although her eyes move quickly over the book in her hands as she reads.

Dwayne left it for her to read whenever she gets bored. In fact, each of the boys gave her some form of gift.

Marko got her some art supplies, Paul gave her some music and a stereo, and David gave her new clothes.

Despite keeping her against her will, they have been especially good to her. At least, they've tried.

She doesn't even glance up from her reading as they enter.

David reclines on his chair and stares at her. If she notices, she doesn't show it.

"Hey, angel!" Paul greets loudly, as he plops down on the couch nearest to the bed.

Marko goes to the winged girl and sets some takeout beside her, "We got you some food. You didn't tell us what you like, so we had to guess."

To everyone's surprise, instead of lashing out like she had every other time, she sets the book down calmly and looks Marko straight in the eyes.

"Thanks. I'm sure whatever you got is good," she smiles.

A smile, not a sneer.

Marko grins widely, turning to look at the others, "She smiled at me!"

"Aw, no fair! Why'd she smile at him first?!" Paul asks, in mock outrage. "Why'd you smile at him first, huh? Was it out of pity?"

Marko glares playfully at the other blond, "You're jealous!"

She smiles even more at their antics and starts to unpack the food.

David watches with some suspicion, as does Dwayne.

The rest of the night, she doesn't speak again or even look at them.

~

A week has passed and she has started to open up to them, even going so far as to tell them her name.