Imagine #34 (Part Two) - Lost Boys

Imagine meeting up with the boys again.

Word Count: 738

~

It's been so boring around here lately, hanging around the house with nothing to do. You could always go to the boardwalk, but you're not really feeling like it.

Maybe you'll just go for a drive by the beach, check out this 'Hudson's Bluff' that the stranger's talked about. A little adventure would be good for you right now.

You're still finding your parent's separation hard even if you're old enough to understand why it happened. You just can't believe your father turned into such a scumbag.

Mom's not at the house right now, she found a job so she's been working steadily. Sam is reading comics and Michael is doing heaven knows what.

"I'm going for a ride, Sam," you call out to him.

He shouts a response as you walk out the door. You don't have a curfew, being the eldest child, so you don't have to worry about bringing a watch.

Revving your engine, you take off, wind blowing through your hair. The feeling of freedom brings a smile to your face as you drive.

You try to chase away sad thoughts by doing a wheelie and whooping loudly. The momentary relief from sadness dissipates as the moon rises. Tears threaten to spill from your eyes.

You've always tried to be strong for your mom and brothers, keeping a stiff upper lip even though misery has been eating away at your insides. The separation was not your fault or your mother's. It was all your father's fault for sleeping with his secretary.

You're glad mom divorced him, because she descended better. Although, you still get sad thinking about it.

Different motorbike engines sound behind you, making you twist your head to view them.

Wouldn't you know, it's the same four boys from last week. You roll your eyes and speed up as they gain on you.

Attempting to lose them, you serve and drive faster. They easily keep up, much to your annoyance.

Finally, you stop at a cliff, and stare them down with an icy gaze. Your walls are up again, the barrier that stops your emotions from showing.

"Hello again," the leader grins.

You inhale deeply, "If I'm gonna be seeing you around a lot, we might as well exchange names. I'm Y/n."

"David."

"Marko."

"Paul."

"Dwayne."

You nod, "Nice to meet you officially."

"Y/n's a nice name," David says slowly as he takes a cigarette from his pocket and lights it.

You glance at it in disdain. Your father used to smoke. The scent of cigarette smoke stank up the whole house and mom used to get upset at his obnoxious habit.

"Thanks, I got it for my birthday."

Paul chuckles and so do the rest.

You're not really in the mood for conversation, "I got to go."

"What are you, Cinderella?" Dwayne laughs.

You bristle, "I'm fed up with this conversation."

"We haven't even been talking for long, doll," Paul argues.

"Doesn't matter," you start your bike, but a rough hand on your shoulder stops you.

David glares down at you with eyes more cold than your own, "Where are you manners?"

"Never had any, now let me go or you'll regret it."

A chorus of 'oohs' filter around the cliff. You glare at them, challenging them silently.

David releases you, "Don't need to ask twice, Y/n."

"What kind of gang are you? Anyone else would have jumped on the opportunity to try to teach a lesson," you ask, genuinely puzzled.

"We're not so much a gang as we are a brotherhood," he informs, "We'd die for each other, we make mischief together, but there's a line we don't cross."

"And that line is?"

"If even one of us likes a person, we don't mess around with them. It's an unspoken rule," he smirks.

You raise your eyebrow, a sly grin tugging at your lips, "So which of you has taken a liking to me?"

They exchange amused glances, "It's unanimous."

"In that case, maybe we should get to know each other a bit more."

They grin.

"Some other time, though," you add. "As I said, I got to go."

"Tomorrow night, nine o'clock," David states.

You scoff, "You're supposed to ask when I'm free."

"When are you free?" Marko questions, his head tilting to the side.

"Tomorrow night works, I guess. See you then."

You wave behind you as you depart, not sparing them a second glance.