Imagine #13 - David

Imagine David having to raise you.

Requested by @Davidsmate24

A/n - I hope this is what you wanted.

Word Count: 736

~

The night started as normal, the boys hanging around the boardwalk until they grew hungry. So, they tracked down a few unsuspecting people and feasted.

Of course, something unexpected happened.

When David was about to attack a woman, she screamed, "No, Y/n! Don't hurt her!"

David, naturally, paid her outburst no mind and drained her of blood.

Then, he heard a cry.

A baby's cry.

This was not good. The Lost Boys never hurt children: it was just an unspoken rule. David frowned as he investigated the noise.

He discovered a babe wrapped in a soft f/c blanket lying by a bunch of bags on the ground. This must be the 'Y/n' that the lady was screaming about.

Paul, Marko, and Dwayne come beside him and stare down at the child.

"What are we gonna do?" Marko asks, tilting his head.

David cusses, "I have no idea."

~

Long story short, they took you in and begun raising you as their own.

It wasn't easy for them to get accustomed to you.

~

David stares at the screaming kid with irritation etched into his features. "What the hell is wrong with it?!"

At his tone, she begins to cry out again, louder this time. He runs a gloved hand through his hair and breathes out heavily.

Dwayne speaks up, "Maybe she's hungry?"

"Marko, food," David demands.

Marko frowns, "What do babies eat?"

"I don't know, think of something!" David growls, sending the younger vampire scampering away.

The child watches the curly blond leave before wailing again.

"Ugh, make it stop!" He seethes, glaring at the nuisance.

"Maybe pick it up?" Paul suggests.

David curls his lip, "No way. You hold it."

"Hey, it's not my responsibility."

"Why is it my responsibility?"

"Because you killed its mom."

Dwayne intervenes, "Can you stop calling her an it? She has a name."

"What was it again?"

Dwayne sighs, "Y/n."

"Oh right."

David, having enough of the crying, finally bends down and scoops the child into his arms. To everyone's surprise, Y/n stops crying.

Marko walks in, holding up a bag, "I found some baby food!"

"Finally," David sighs, and hands the kid over to Marko and Dwayne. Although he'd never admit it, he actually liked holding the baby in his arms.

~

Eventually, you grew into a cute toddler. Marko and Paul loved playing with you and teaching you knew things, like how to speak and walk and draw, while Dwayne was determined to teach you the alphabet and simple math.

David was like the overseer, and somehow your favourite out of all the boys. He would read to you and show you cool 'magic' tricks and tuck you into bed each morning.

The boys all grew attached to you, and loved you as much as they would have their own flesh and blood.

~

When you discovered that the boys were vampires, you were unaffected, having not understood what vampires were in the first place. They told you when you were younger, so that it wouldn't be such a shock.

They told you that you could turn when you were eighteen, which seemed so far away at the time.

Currently, at seventeen years of age, you've become a bit of a rebel. Therefore, it's been harder for the boys to keep you out of trouble.

You sneak out during the middle of the day to explore Santa Carla without the boys watching your every move. You've even been hanging around the comic book shop much to the annoyance of David.

He's become so protective of you, demanding that you stop seeing Edgar and Alan, claiming that they're 'dangerous'.

You can understand where he's coming from, seeing as the Frog brothers are determined self proclaimed vampire hunters. The fact that you're going to turn into a vampire in a few months would make them hate you.

David hates waking up to find you missing, although you always leave notes to tell him where you are.

Paul and Marko usually feed your rebellious side, being the fun uncles of the group. Dwayne is more of the calm, but still cool, uncle.

David, on the other hand, is your father figure, having taken up the mantle when he 'found' you on the beach.

You even call him 'dad' sometimes.

In the best sense, you and the Lost Boys make a tightly knit family, willing to do anything for each other.