Imagine #1 - Marko

Imagine meeting Marko for the first time at the boardwalk after moving to Santa Carla.

Word Count: 577

~

Bright lights dance amidst the darkness of the night, melding perfectly to the sound of the nearest concert.

You smile and observe the concert for a few moments, revelling in the chaotic happiness. It's your first time coming here after moving, but so far you are loving Santa Carla.

There are plenty of interesting people and a plethora of things to do here, unlike the small town you had lived in for most of your life.

You don't regret moving here.

Head moving in time with the music, you walk on the outskirts of the crowd, aimlessly. The beach looks so inviting, especially on this warm summer night.

So, you go to dip your feet into the water and enjoy the lapping waves. Engines rev back on the boardwalk, catching your attention.

Four boys dismount their stripped-down bikes, each one laughing as they do.

The others don't grab your attention as much as the youngest looking one with curly blond hair that is longer in the back. His jacket is adorned with various cloth buttons and patches each a different colour.

He takes your breath away as he smiles like the Cheshire Cat. The other long haired blond jabs him and looks to you with a grin.

Caught staring, you avert your gaze and look back at the concert instead. Your feet are cold now, so you walk out of the water and make your way to rejoin the crowd.

Before you make it, the four boys block the path.

"Hey, sweets," the curly blond greets with a flattering smile.

You duck your head, "Hi."

Your shyness makes his smile widen.

"I'm Marko."

"Y/n," you reply, finding the courage to look into his gorgeous eyes.

"Pleasure to meet you."

"Same here."

The long haired blonde speaks up, "I'm Paul, and that's Dwayne and David." He slaps Dwayne, the one with long dark brown hair, on the shoulder. David is the platinum blond with a shorter mullet.

You smile at each of them before Marko speaks again, "Say, Y/n, I haven't seen you around before."

"I just moved here. This is my first night out since unpacking," you explain.

"In that case," he takes your hand and you don't pull away, "We better make it memorable."

You grin back at him, nervousness gone, "I guess you'd better."

"Is that a challenge?" He tilts his head, causing his earring to reflect firelight.

"Maybe."

"I accept," he grins, dragging you towards his bike, "Ever ridden a motorbike before?"

"No," you shake your head, watching as he hops on it.

He pats the seat behind him, "Then this'll be even more exciting for you."

Grinning madly, you straddle the bike.

"You'll have to hang on tight."

"Sure I will."

He laughs and starts the engine in one smooth motion. Startled by the power rippling beneath you, you wrap your arms around Marko's waist. Since he's wearing a crop top, your hand connect with his bare skin.

He doesn't seem to mind, though, as he takes off down the stairs onto the beach.

The wind rushes by you, and you cling to Marko for dear life. His laughter and cheers are contagious and you soon find yourself howling along with him.

He takes you to Hudson's Bluff, overlooking the expanse of water and the lighthouse. Surprisingly, it's not foggy tonight, so you get the most wonderful view.

"Thanks so much for tonight, Marko," you say, beaming.

"Anytime, Y/n."