Imagine #25 - David

Imagine David comforting you, his adopted daughter.

A/n - kind of a part two to imagine 13.

Word Count: 777

~

You enter the comic book shop with a smile, sunlight pouring in after you. Edgar and Alan look up from the books in their hands to return the smile.

"Hey, guys, what's up?"

Alan crosses his arms and leans against the counter, "Not much. It's been quiet lately."

"No vampires?" You tease, a sly smirk forming on your lips. Deep inside, you're terrified that one day they'll find what they've been looking for.

If they did find out the Lost Boys' secret, there's no doubt that they would try something foolish.

You really don't want that to happen.

Edgar glares at you, "Not yet, but we're ready."

"I know that. You and your crosses and garlic."

Alan adds, "Don't forget the holy water."

You roll your eyes, but cringe on the inside. Holy water is the only thing that can actually harm the boys, apart from sunlight.

Relax, they have no clue.

Sitting on the counter next to Alan, you look at the fading sunlight. You snuck out before sunset to throw off the Frog's suspicion, just in case.

"What are you doing tonight, Y/n?"

You turn to Alan and shrug, "No idea. Probably just hang around here, if that's okay?"

"Got nothing better to do?" Edgar questions.

"Jeez, now that I think of it, I've got dinner with the Queen! How could I forget that?" You laugh, "What do you think, Eddie?"

Alan suggests, "We could always go to that concert, close up shop early.

"Ooh, yes! I wanted to catch that concert! It's gonna be awesome!"

You look to Edgar with wide puppy dog eyes, "C'mon, what'd you say?"

He doesn't say anything, simply sighs and nods. You laugh in victory and leap up, "Let's go, losers!"

~

The concert is amazing!

You've been to a bunch of different concerts before, but never with the Frog brothers. They kinda just stand there and maybe nod along, but it's nice to be with friends.

In the distance, you hear motorcycles revving.

Crap. I hope they don't ruin everything.

You nudge Edgar, "We should head back."

"Why?" He frowns in confusion.

"It's nothing, let's just go."

You push through the crowd on your way to the shop. As you break free from the swarm of people, a different group blocks your way.

An angry David leads them.

"Oh, uh, heya Pops," you mumble, looking downwards. "Fancy seeing you here."

"Where were you?" He asks.

"Out."

"I know that, I want to know where you were."

You gulp. Technically, you're not supposed to be hanging around the Frog brothers.

"I was around. I went to the concert."

Just then, two familiar brothers arrive behind you, "These guys bothering you?"

"No-" you start to say, but a glare from David silences you.

"The Frogs," the head vampire growls with a smile.

This is not good.

"Why are you hanging around my daughter?" He takes a drag from his cigarette.

Edgar and Alan freeze. They hadn't known about you're fatherly attachment to David.

"Daughter?" Edgar asks disbelievingly.

He nods.

They look to you and you nod, "Yeah, this is my adopted dad, David. David, you know Edgar and Alan."

"You're one of them!" Edgar accuses. He's been suspecting the Lost Boys of being murderous vampires for some time.

"No!" At your outburst, David frowns dangerously. "I mean, kind of. I don't know," you try to explain.

Alan scoffs and starts to walk away, "Don't bother coming back to the shop. You're not welcome."

Your heart breaks as they leave.

Tears fall from your face as Marko wraps you in a warm embrace, "It's okay, kid."

"It's not okay!" You yell, wrenching away from them.

You run to the beach, away from it all. The silence is a welcomed experience. You turn when you sense a presence.

"David, why did you do that?!"

"You have to realize that they don't care about you! You know what they'd do if they knew for a fact that you were raised by vampires?! They'd kill you, Y/n. This is for the best."

You hate to admit it, but he's right. You hate it when he's right.

He hands you a cigarette and lights it for you, "I'm sorry, hun. I know you wanted to be their friend."

"They're the only ones who wanted anything to do with me."

"Not true," David chastises, "Marko, Paul, and Dwayne love hanging with you."

"It's not the same."

He sighs heavily, "You're right. We're your family: we're never gonna run away like that, no matter what."

You hiccup, trying to stop the tears. He draws you close and hugs you, "Love you, sweetie."

"Love you too, dad."