Imagine #10 (Part One) - Lost Boys

Imagine being Michael's twin and you hear voices in your head.

A/n - this is inspired by the song Panic Room by Disciple.

I'll probably do a second part for this one.

Word Count: 1751

~

Arizona was nice. It was where you grew up, so of course you're biased.

There are things back home that Santa Carla doesn't have. Friends, familiar roads, and the doctor you've been seeing since you were little.

You had to see the doctor after that time you tried convincing your mother that the voices were talking again and they wouldn't stop.

She wasn't too concerned at first, but when it persisted, she grew wary. Eventually, you couldn't stop obsessing over the voices, so she took you to the doctor.

The sessions didn't really help, nor did the pills they gave you. But, you discovered to play along with them, ignoring the voices as best as you could. After a few years of faking, you convinced everyone that you were fine.

Truth is, the voices only speak at night, so as long as you use sleeping pills, you're fine.

A sign comes into view, proudly stating the name of the city. On the back reads 'murder capital of the world', which seems threatening.

Michael looks to Sam. Sometimes it seems like they have their own language. You've never really been close to either of them. They think you're weird, although they don't admit it.

You don't mind.

It's easier to pretend that everything is fine when you only have to keep the act up around a few people.

Finally, the car comes to a rest at your grandpa's house. You pretty much zone out after that, tired from the trip.

Claiming the smallest room, you collapse on the bed.

~

Surprisingly, you managed to sleep for a bit. It makes sense, since you always find it easier to sleep during the day. This throws off your whole sleep schedule, though.

"Honey, we're going to the boardwalk. Do you want to come?"

You weigh your options, "Sure."

She seems surprised, "Really? Are you certain?"

"If you don't want me to come, then I'll stay here."

"No, no, come. It'll be fun," she smiles.

"Uh-huh."

You follow her out. Michael takes his bike and you, Sam, and Lucy take the car.

~

The sun sets. Not in a glaringly beautiful way either, it just seems to fade away.

As the light dissipates, the voices begin.

You recognize them each by name, having heard them for so many years.

Marko is sly, sassy, and loves to tease.

Paul is loud, also sassy, and loves the ladies.

Dwayne is more laid back and quiet, but still knows how to have fun.

David is the leader. At least, that's how you see it. He is charismatic, commanding, and loves being mysterious.

They each share the same pastime: murder. You know this because they constantly talk about it. Who their next targets are, when they'll attack. How sweet their victims were.