Imagine #18 - Lost Boys

Imagine...

A/n - I just started another Imagines book with the characters of The Outsiders, so if you want to go check it out. Thanks!
Also, trigger warning I guess. This chapter involves the theme of suicide. You've been warned.

Word Count: 888

~

Everything was supposed to get better.

At least that's what you told yourself each day after running away from your hometown.

It's going to be better tomorrow.

You were wrong.

It didn't get better after you escaped the abuse. It didn't get better after you abandoned everything you had ever known to pursue some fleeting glimmer of happiness.

You never did find that lasting joy.

Sure, some things brought momentary relief from the pain and the numbness, but they always faded.

It seemed like nothing would fill the gap within your soul.

~

Santa Carla: the murder capital of the world. Home to the lost people of the Earth who are just looking for a place to exist.

A place of refuge for the outcasts and outsiders.

You thought it'd be fitting, so that's why you're standing on the Santa Carla boardwalk. Backpack slung over your shoulder, your dull eyes observe the crowd that moves in waves.

A few years ago, the scene would be enough to bring a smile to your countenance. Now, though, the crowd seems uninviting and your expression remains neutral.

You came to Santa Carla for one reason: it would be easy to loose oneself here.

And that's what you plan on doing.

Disappearing forever.

Sighing, you walk along the beach aimlessly. One last look at the brilliant stars in the sky before you go through with it.

Moonlight reflects across the waves, creating a beautiful spectacle. The sight disappears as you walk away from the ocean.

Your feet find their way to your destination: a bridge following the railroad tracks overlooking thick fog.

Walking down the train tracks, you make it to the middle of the bridge and sit with your legs hanging over the side.

Slinging off the backpack, you rummage through it, find the old whiskey bottle, and take a long gulp. Your fingers close around an old picture of you as a smiling child.

The innocent days of youth captured in a simple photograph.

A tear slides down your cheek as you let it go over the edge of the bridge, watching as it drowns in the fog.

Laying back, you behold the starry heavens and cry freely. Your fingernails bite into your palms as your fists close tightly.

You take another long draught of the alcohol and let loose a sob. No one can see you here anyways.

An hour passes of your thinking and drinking as you lay there. Finally, you stand.

Violent winds rise from nowhere but die just as suddenly. You think nothing of it, swaying unsteadily on your feet. Your vision is a bit blurred too.

Enraged, you throw the empty bottle in your hand into the white abyss. You almost loose balance and tumble off, which makes you laugh.

~

Laughter fills the night air, coming from the very drunk girl atop the train bridge. The Lost Boys have been following her for some time, feeling a strong pull towards her.

The mating bond, signifying that their soulmate was near. They found her and trailed her here.

When she dropped the picture, Marko chased after it, curiosity eating away at him. He brought it back to the hiding spot and showed it to the others.

The picture showed a smiling girl holding a few dandelions as the sun shone around her. She looked so happy.

David silently watched as the girl stood to her feet and threw the whiskey bottle.

Now, her sad laughter unnerves the four.

They have an idea about what she is about to do, and they don't like it at all.

"Let's go," David orders, walking along the tracks towards the girl.

The others follow him.

~

Your laughter has turned into sobs as you sway on your feet. One more step and it all would be over.

Footsteps interrupt your train of thought as four handsome boys approach you carefully.

"Hey, gorgeous. What are you doing up here?" The one who seems to be the leaders asks you.

You frown at the unexpected visitors and look over the fog, "None of your business."

"C'mon, doll. Step away from the ledge, you might fall."

"So what if I did?" You mumble, swaying with the wind. "No one'd mind."

"I would," he persists.

You laugh, "You don't even know me."

"I would like to," his earnestness startled you. His blue eyes are piercing into yours, radiating earnestness and hope.

Why would this stranger care when those who were once close to you didn't?

"You came at a bad time," you mumble.

He smirks, "Or at just the right time." At silence from you, he continues, "Come with us."

"I don't know you," you say, even though it feels like you do. They feel familiar and welcoming.

"I'm David. That's Dwayne, Marko, and Paul."

"Y/n."

"Come with us, Y/n. You won't feel powerless again."

"Who told you I felt powerless?"

He smirks again, "Just had a feeling."

You think, or try to think. The alcohol isn't helping your mind any.

If you go with them, what's the worst that could happen?

"You still want me to tag along?"

The curly haired one smiles brightly, "Of course."

You can't help but smile back a bit, "Alright then, let's go."

They allow their happiness to show as they carefully lead you to their awaiting motorbikes.