Imagine #15 - Lost Boys

Imagine marrying and having a child and introducing the baby to the Lost Boys.

Requested by @Davidsmate24

B/n = baby's name

Word Count: 553

~

It's been two years since you married and three months since you gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. She is your whole world, apart from your loving husband.

You'd do anything for B/n.

Currently, your husband is out of town for work reasons, leaving you and B/n to yourselves. This presents the perfect opportunity.

Bundling her in a soft coat, you place the baby in your car before driving to the boardwalk.

There are some people you'd like to introduce your daughter to.

~

The boys are hanging around the cave, listening to music. Marko pets his pigeons, while Dwayne rides his skateboard. Paul and David are sitting and passing smokes between themselves.

Hesitantly, you walk down the stairs to the enter ace of the cave, clutching your baby close to your bosom.

What if they don't remember you?

David's piercing blue eyes fly to your form as you enter. Everyone stops what they're doing to stare at you.

Smiling hesitantly, you greet them, "Hiya, boys. It's been awhile. . ."

Marko is the first to react, jumping upright and startling his birds. He reaches your side in an instant, "Y/n, it's really you?!"

You laugh and avoid his embrace, looking pointedly at the bundle in your arms. "Of course, who else would I be?"

He looks crestfallen at your dismissal of his hug, but his eyes widen as he looks at B/n.

By this point, Paul and Dwayne have gathered around you as well. You smile at each of them and they return the gesture.

"Come on in," Dwayne invites, pointing to the couch beside David's wheelchair.

You sit down on it and reposition B/n so that she is viable on your lap. "Thanks. I wasn't sure you'd welcome me."

"You're always welcome here, Y/n," David says with earnest sincerity.

The baby in your arms moves a bit and squeaks. The boys look at her in curiosity.

"I wanted you to meet someone," you inform them, "This is B/n, my baby girl."

They don't seem to know what to say.

David finally smirks, "Hey, B/n." He moves a gloved hand to rub his thumb over the baby's cheek.

"She has your eyes."

You smile, "So I've been told."

The others crowd the couch, all cooing over her cuteness. Paul and Marko sit on either side of you, while Dwayne crouches in front of you to hold B/n's hand.

"We haven't seen you in a year."

Your smile falters, "I know, I'm sorry. It's been crazy since I married and now with B/n. I know it's no excuse. I should have came sooner."

"Hey, it's alright girl," Paul comforts. "It's not your fault."

"What matters is that you're here now."

"I can't stay for long, but I'd like to have you over for supper sometime. If you want to."

David nods, "We'd like that, wouldn't we boys?"

Paul laughs, "Hell yeah!"

You shush him, "Language!"

"Sorry," he mumbles, although he doesn't look the least bit sorrowful.

The rest of the night is spent catching up with old friends before you have to leave.

"I'll see you again soon, okay?" You tell them as you take B/n away from a pouting Marko.

They each give you a hug and say goodbye, watching as you depart.