1

DISCLAIMER: I will be changing a few small things from Cobra Kai, it does follow the original plot of the TV show but there are some changes I've made to add more conflict and make it a more interesting read. Some characters you have seen in the show may not be relevant to my story and therefore may not be involved as well. Please keep in mind that the characters are 16-17 years old, some of their experiences may not be comfortable for some readers. But if you do choose to read, I recommend watching the show before to better understand the characters personalities and how they talk. Please no hate and only constructive criticism. Thank you for choosing to read this fan fic!       

- You and your mom have recently moved to the Valley for her new boyfriend which is soon to be your stepdad, which you have never liked. Most of the time your mother is at her boyfriends house and spends little to any time with you. Basically meaning you live alone 99% of the time. You haven't had much first hand experience with love because of how you've watched your mother jump from boyfriend to boyfriend and always having to move around makes you think The Valley isn't going to be any different than the other places you've had to live in before. But was something going to change how you felt?

"I know he needs it. Okay, I know mom. Okay, bye". I said angrily hanging up the phone. It was always me going somewhere for her stupid boyfriend.

I walk into the mini mart looking for the advil. Maybe if he didn't drink so much he would have a head ache. I thought to myself.

I grabbed a small bottle of advil and walked up to the front where a taller blond man was fighting with the cashier. I looked over and saw another boy next to him. Kinda cute. I thought.

He looked back and gave me a smile and then bought his...Pepto Bismol? The cashier rang me up and I quickly gave him a 10. "Just keep it" I said. Wasn't my money anyways.

*Phone starts to ring* I checked to see it was my mom again. "Oh my god, I just fucking got it". I said annoyed. "We'll hurry up, I want to go to sleep y/n!" She exclaimed through the phone.

"I know, I'm putting it on his front porch then heading home, good night". I said calmly back. Why does she have zero patience?

All of a sudden I hear a bunch of commotion. Oh no! These guys seemed mad at the kid from the store but I didn't know why. They started to push around the boy until he fell into a red car.

"Hey watch the car!" The blond man from the store yelled. Well that didn't help much, the guys started to make fun of the man causing a big fight.

That's when the boy got away from it and also when I decided to introduce myself. "Hi I'm y/n" I said. "Hey um, I'm Miguel...what should we do about this?" he asked me. "I'm not sure, let's just wait it out" I said.

We watched as the blond man impressively beat up all of the guys with special karate moves. But whilst holding one down the cops showed up and pepper sprayed him.

"Wait it's not his fault!". Miguel yelled. He tried to explain to the cops but it was no use, the man still had to go to jail.

"So do you...know that guy?" I asked curiously. "Um, yea he's sort of my neighbor". Miguel answered. "I wish I knew how to fight like that". I said, shit I wish I didn't say that.

I thought to myself. "Why, you're a girl. I mean I wish I knew how to do that maybe then those guys wouldn't bother me". Miguel told me.

"Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I don't have any reason to fight". I said back defensively. "I didn't mean it like that, but hey when he gets out maybe I can get him to teach us both". He suggested.

"That's a good idea....I never asked you, what school do you go to?". I asked shyly. This was a small town, I hoped he went to the school I transferred to.

"Oh I actually just transferred to West Valley High". He answered. I was surprised to say the least. "Wait, really? I just transferred too!" I said happily.

A smile began to form on Miguel's face. "Thank fucking god I found you, but you probably had your first day today, I was so scared to go in today so I'm going tomorrow" Miguel said then looked away embarrassed.

"You're kidding right? I was scared too so tomorrow's also gonna be my first day ". I said relieved. Oh fuck, I looked down at the bottle of advil in my hands.

My mom is gonna be so pissed at me. "Do you wanna meet in front of the school tomorrow, so I don't have to walk in alone?". I asked.

"I was just about to ask you that, let me get your snap and I'll text you when I'm at the school tomorrow". Miguel said.

"Okay, I really got to get going so I'll see you tomorrow". I quickly said then began speed walking away. I'm really glad I met him. Now time to deal with my mom and that prick.

I sped to her house as fast as I could but before I could step out the car my moms boyfriend was waiting in the door frame.

His face scared me, I really don't like that look. I ran out of the car."I'm so sorry something happened at the st- but before I could finish he had smacked me to the ground.

The concrete hit my face hard and I could feel a cut opening on my cheek. But I didn't dare move or talk. "Can you not be so fucking useless and do what your mother tells you? I needed this an hour ago you piece of shit.

Now go the fuck  home....fucking ridiculous ". He screamed at me. I waited until I heard the door slam and then got up.

I glanced at the window and saw my mom staring at me . She didn't look sad or angry, just the same blank look she always has.

I knew she would never do anything but she always watched after to make sure I could get up. "Some fucking mom I have" I mumbled to myself. I finally got home and collapsed on my bed.

Vote please!!!🙏🙏💞💞💞💞