18

"Hey what was all that about?" Tory asked me.

"Nothing" I replied. Miguel just came back from his talk with Sensei Lawrence. "I don't know why he's freaking out" he said abruptly.

"What are you talking about?" Tory asked Miguel. "Nothing....it's just Sensei is bugging out about me fighting a little differently than how he taught me" he explained.

"Whatever...I can't treat real life like a tournament" he told us. "Yeah...I don't know why he's being so weird about Kreese. I thought they were like...friends" Tory said.

"He seems like he wants us to show mercy. But he was never like that before he got all these students" he said.

He paused for a second. Then reached into his pocket. "Hey look what I got" he said. Then showed us the Medal of Honor.

"Holy shit" Tory said.

Aisha came up to our group suddenly. "Hawk and the other guys wanted to get something to eat....y'know since we're all drained" she

"I'll go" Miguel said.

I hope Tory doesn't want to go. I felt kind of weird after what happened between me and Eli before.

"Okay! We're gonna eat at that Chinese place in the mall" she told us then left.

"I'll meet you there?" Miguel questioned Tory.

"I don't know" she said. "Y/n...do you wanna go?" Tory asked. "You go without me" I told her. "C'mon Tory" he said while motioning his hand.

It seemed like he wanted to leave, get away from me.

Tory took one look at me and knew something was wrong. "Next time Miguel" she said.

"Okay...I'll see you" he said walking away. He waved bye to her then left.

I watched as Eli got into his car, he was with a couple of the other guys. He stared at me before he left.

That stare. You could just tell he was trying to torment me.

I watched them all drive away. Me and Tory went home and just hung out for the rest of the night. I kept thinking about Eli.

Why did he try to protect me from his fight with Miguel if he doesn't care. But if he doesn't care why would he say anything about me.

God this sucks. I just can't understand him.

"Hey!" Tory said. Waking me out of my day dream.

"Yes?" I said turning towards her.

"Listen, I gotta work tomorrow. So you can have my keys to the house. Just....take care of my brother for me....please" she said.

She sounded embarrassed. "Of course Tory"
I told her.

"After practice I'll leave you the keys. I'll be back probably around 10 or 11 pm" she said. "Okay that's fine" I said.

We didn't talk much after that.

But I couldn't fall asleep, I kept thinking about him. How it could've been with him.

I forced my eyes shut and didn't open them until I felt drowsy enough to fall asleep.

The next morning I woke up with a lot on my mind. But I tried to push it away. I couldn't be focusing on the wrong things.

Today I was gonna show everyone that I'm a fighter and deserve to be on this team, I can't care about Eli anymore.

Tory and I both woke up at the same time the next day.

I checked my phone, it was 10 am. We had some time before practice.