17

I woke up with a knot in my stomach. Coyote Creek was today. I heard a few plates clacking and figured it was Tory in the kitchen.

She was washing a plate with some eggs on it. "There you are" she said. "Want some eggs?" she then asked holding up the newly washed plate.

"Yeah sure" I said. I usually didn't eat but today I think I needed to have something in my stomach.

I opened her fridge and grabbed the orange juice, then poured some in a glass. She quickly scrambled some eggs and put them onto the plate. She slid the plate in front of me and grabbed me some salt and pepper as well.

I finished the food quickly and went back into Tory's room.

I rustled through my bag and found my clean sports bra and a white tank top to go under the zip-up sweatshirt I was gonna wear.

I brushed my teeth and did my skin care quickly before I brushed out my hair and put it up. When I was all ready Tory and I headed to the dojo.

When we got there Sensei Lawrence was back. "Get your gis on and head to the main dojo" he told us.

I was confused but Miguel told Sensei what Kreese had planned. I zoned out to the words that were being spoke.

It's not that I didn't care I just needed to focus on winning today. I snapped out of my daze when I noticed Tory grabbing my arm.

We were leaving.

We went into the car and Tory drove to Coyote Creek. We got there quickly and only a few of the other members had arrived.

Of course Eli and Miguel were already here. They probably showed up first. I noticed they had a ribbon or something tied around their head.

Miguel had a black one on. Eli had red. I'm guessing they made up teams.

Kreese gave Tory and I black ribbons. He placed the ribbon in my hand and looked up at me. I looked at back at him, he nodded his head slightly with a hard look on his face.  She tied it around her head tightly and I did the same.

Other people started to show up, Kreese gave them their ribbons, either red or black. I realized that I was going against Eli.

Whatever.

They explained the rules. I always thought Kreese was so dramatic.

When we started it was strange, everyone seemed to go in groups. They all ran off into different directions. I walked away from Kreese and Sensei Lawrence.

I saw someone with a black ribbon standing with their back facing mine, so I just ripped it off their head. They didn't even notice me behind them until it happened.

"God damnit really?" they said to me, sounding pissed off. "Sorry" I said with a shrug. Like what did you want me to do?

I walked around for a bit more, I didn't know where anyone was. Of course Tory left me. I look like a loser all alone here.

I saw other people fighting from a distance. I knew I should be fighting but I hadn't done it like everyone else. Why was I even on this team?

Everyone else liked to fight except me. Everyone else was tough except me.

I walked through the woods for a bit more. But I decided to sit against a tree until someone came around.

I heard some leaves crushing from only a couple feet away from me.

You have got to be kidding. Eli was alone too. He became so rude, of course no one wanted to team up with him.

They were probably all afraid of him.