2

It was 7 o'clock, I stretched my legs and walked to the bathroom. I looked at the cut on my face. Fuck everyone's gonna see this. I finished brushing my teeth and washing my face.

I tried to clean up the cut but it was so noticeable. I didn't want to cover it with makeup because it would just irritate it more so I just decided to leave it and go to my closet choose an outfit.

Once I was all ready I decided to text Miguel. I told him I was about to leave and he said he was too. I drove to the school and saw him waiting at the front.

"Hey!". I said. "Hey what's up....what's that on your face?". He asked me. "Oh um my cat scratched me". I answered.

"Oh that sucks, it looks pretty bad". He said. "Let me see your schedule". I asked him. I wanted to just change the subject.

Great I made a friend who was no classes with me. He saw my face sank. "What's wrong, we don't have any classes?". He asked.

"No....but if you don't make any new friends we can still sit together at lunch?". I asked him nervously. "Of course". He answered.

The day went by slow and I didn't make any friends, everyone seemed like they already had friend groups and didn't need and extra person.....just my luck and it wasn't the very beginning of the year anyways so what did I expect.

Finally it was lunch and I saw Miguel with his tray of food standing in the corner like a nervous wreck. His face moved to my direction and he made eye contact with me causing him to start walking over.

He was about to say something when a nerdy looking boy interrupted. "Hey you guys can come sit with us!" He said chipperly. "Um okay, thanks" I replied back.

Miguel and I both took a seat down next to the boy. "I'm Demetri and this is Eli". Demetri said. "I'm y/n". I said. "I'm Miguel". Miguel said. Eli just looked up and smiled at us.

"He's a man of few words...big cut you got there". Demetri remarked. Did this kid always say what was on his mind? "Oh yea, um my cat scratched me last night" I said.

"On your face? Wow remind me not to go near those things anymore" Demetri said. Then I looked over at Eli, he was actually kind of cute and seemed so sweet.

"Yasmines looking at us, probably just making fun of me". He said disheartened. "Just because they're hot doesn't mean they're bitches".

Miguel replied to Eli. Demetri then interrupted to say "That's exactly what it means". "Why would they  make fun of you?" I asked him confused.

He seemed like a nice kid. He didn't deserve to be bullied. "Eli doesn't like to answer that question". Demetri then said defensively.

I then saw Eli bring his hand up to his lip and cover a small and barely noticeable scar. "Are you talking about the scar? I think it makes you look cool". I said confidently. Eli started to smile. "Thanks". He said super shyly.

After school I was supposed to meet up with Miguel he said he needed me to help him with some of the homework.

When I saw him though Demetri and Eli were waiting for me with him. "Hey guys, you all need help with your homework?". I asked.

"Yeah.....do you all just wanna go back to my place and finish it but none of us know how to do Algebra 2". He stated.

"Okay well my cars right there if anyone needs a ride to Miguel's". I suggested. Eli looked over to his bike. "D-do you think you could you take me?" he asked nervously.

"Sure it's no problem". I said. I was kind of happy maybe I would get to know him a little better since it was just going to be the two of us.

I don't know why but I was so tempted to talk to him."Well, we both take bikes too, it wouldn't be too much trouble to drive all of us right?"