7TH SHOT

"I'm curious about Blinks' reaction watching us in our natural state instead of the perfect dream image we usually present." Chu said and the rest of the pinks nodded in agreement.

"I'm excited for how people will feel when they see this." Jennie added, looking intently at a certain Thai who was looking back at her with practically heart eyes.

The girls were reacting to the trailer of their upcoming Netflix documentary: Light Up the Sky. Walking down the memory lane, witnessing their younger selves working relentlessly to get to where they are now overwhelmed them. It was like a harsh reminder of those years of tears and sweat and sleepless nights, of their struggles against the nagging will to give up, against all hurdles coming their way.

"Watch it on Netflix soon!" They said in unison and ended the taping.

"I'm so hungry. Let's grab some chickin on our way home." Jisoo whined while taking off her mic and handed it to one of the crews.

"Ugh yes please." Rosé let out a frustrated grunt. That's what happened when she passed her meal time, our lovely chipmunk turned ferocious, like those poor animals in Zootopia.

Lisa shook her head and chuckled, "Classic chipmunk. You coming Jen?" She asked but without answer in return. She turned her head to look at the brunette only to find her looking back at her, adoration apparent in her eyes, a small smile adorning her porcelain face.

"Nini? You okay?" Lisa couldn't help approaching the girl and wrapped the tiny body in her arms before leaning back and checking the older's temperature by resting her palm on the latter's forehead. It is a general truth that when it comes to Jennie's wellbeing, Lisa is a frontliner who knows no compromise.

"Yah, do I look like I'm sick?" Jennie snatched Lisa's hand from her forehead but didn't let go, instead she held it tight and tugged the Thai out of the studio. It is another general truth that Lisa would follow Jennie everywhere without questions – she'd jump into a pit full of sharks if Jennie Ruby Jane Kim wished to.

"You're acting weird." Lisa's following Jennie's small strides, smiling regardless her piqued curiosity. Imagine Snowball dragging Melman, and try not laugh because that's the perfect illustration of them at the moment – a tall frame tailing a tiny figure. They were heading toward a small park right outside the building, and when Jennie spotted a bench under a tree in a more secluded area, she jerked Lisa's hand toward that direction and finally sat them both side by side.

"Maybe I am." Contrary to what she did earlier – dragging Lisa with such certainty as if she 100% knew what she was doing – now the girl seemed reluctant, looking down at her own hands fiddling with one another.

"Hey, what's the matter?" Lisa turned to face her girlfriend, one leg folded and the other one dangling. Jen's capricious demeanor started to worry her because one minute she was smiling and now she looked lost.

"I was just thinking," The Korean said in a tone Lisa didn't like. Unsure, with a hint of impending unpleasant news. Nonetheless, she didn't say anything in response knowing she had just started.

"Seeing the video of us earlier, of you being a happy 14 year old girl.. Makes me feel.. I don't know how to describe this.." She waved her hand in a circular motion in the air, as if spinning a gear in her head so her brain would come up with the right words.

"Nostalgic?" Lisa tried to guess the word, but the brunette shook her head.

"No. I mean yes, it felt nostalgic in a way but.. I don't know.." Frustration clearly grew in her, "It's just weird. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that there was a time when we didn't know each other."