11TH SHOT PT.1

It was a peaceful night at the Blackpink's dorm as each member was resting after a long day of work. As much as they loved doing promotions for The Album, long hours of work for god knows how many consecutive weeks (they lost count) finally took its toll on them, their bodies complained as they hurt here and there. Had this frenzied pace of daily work persisted, the lovesick girls would have no doubt turned to sick girls, but thankfully they finally got their much-needed break as the promotions finally came to an end.

It was past eleven, but no one was asleep. Their body clock was somewhat accustomed to late night goings-on, resembling a nocturnal as the result of years spent as trainees where they had to spend the whole night practicing and perfecting everything.

Jisoo was comfortably tucked in a thick duvet while playing PUBG, determined to improve her performance as she publicly embarrassed herself at a gaming event not long ago. It was clearly not her favorite game, but the gamer self in her has an ego to feed and she wouldn't be able to call it a day until she made it. Cusses from "poop head" to "stupid motherfucker" uttered here and there as her character got ambushed and shot, or when her car flew (again).

Minutes later, the next thing that flew was her phone. She tossed it onto the pillow because she lost again. "Stupid game," she huffed.

Chaeyoung was sat in front of her piano, composing – or trying to – because she had been stuck somewhere between the bridge and the chorus for the past two hours. As a perfectionist that she is, she will not settle with an okay work. It has to be excellent, at least according to her standard and by her standard it means above everyone else's. So she decided to take a break, having a midnight snack that was kimchi and beer, an odd pair but her favorite nonetheless. She took a sip from her bottle and hummed from satisfaction but then her eyes suddenly jolted opened wide as it struck her: she just hummed that one key tone she had been missing. Oh, how this will be an interesting behind the making story. Now she was wondering if that means she had to drink more, you know, for the sake of inspiration.

Somewhere across Chaeyoung's room, however, somebody found the quiet night particularly less peaceful than others. Even bothersome, if you will. And she was Jennie, the feline beauty. As to why, it was because of a certain Thai who was not by her side. Such an unusual phenomenon, we might say, providing by the fact that the youngest girl was not working out of town, she was exactly in her own room next door yet she opted to be alone instead of having a cuddling party of two with her as per usual. This nagging feeling made the older girl toss and turn in her bed, feeling the bed suddenly too big for herself alone. So she sprang up and headed to the maknae's door.

Lisa was absentmindedly scrolling her Instagram explore tab when she heard the knocks. She knew who it was. It couldn't be Jisoo, because the Korean would just barge in without asking for her permission, and it couldn't be Chaeyoung either because the Australian would ask "are you dressed?" before getting in due to their unfortunate encounter (according to Chaeyoung) months ago when the tallest girl nonchalantly came in and Lisa was half-naked. What's funny was the reversed-reaction, because Chaeyoung was being a blushing mess while Lisa gave her an it's-nothing-you-haven't-seen-before look.

So it must be Jennie.

And her hypothesis was confirmed as the latter's head peeped in, showing a pair of cat eyes that exuded concern and hesitance. "Still up?" she half-whispered to which the Thai didn't respond. It's not that she didn't hear it, she was just not in the mood – as she had hinted at it by being in her own room instead of Jennie's. But of course, she knew her girl too well. She knew that she would come and ask what was wrong. Now she kind of regretted that she didn't lock the door.

"Hey," she heard Jennie say and felt the bed dip from her weight. The short-haired girl still ignored her, laying her focus between cute cat pictures and videos but never tap the heart icon. Her scrolling got more frantic, and Jennie caught that because there's no way you can actually see a post when you scroll in the speed of light like that.