14TH SHOT PT.3

Uh, there's a mature scene ahead. 👉🏼👈🏼

**

"I hope that means you're hungry because me too.." Lisa sprang off the floor and dashed out of the room. Jennie was left alone, breaking into pieces once more. But then again, she had been broken too many times that she lost count, so it was just another rub of salt on her open wound.

The Korean didn't follow the Thai right away, instead she stayed with the four cats staring at her standing like a statue in the middle of the room. She's debating with herself whether one: she had to go home and leave Lisa alone for good, two: say yes to her boyfriend and cut all these cursed tangles of feelings with Lisa, or three: for once woman up and tell Lisa the truth.

She took her phone out of her dress pocket and lightly tossed it in her hand as if trying to measure its weight when in fact she was calculating her next move. But at that moment her brain was being a piece of useless organ occupying her head, for her heart was shouting orders like one hell of an authoritarian dictator. Next she tapped her boyfriend's name, typed a quick text, and thrust the phone back in her pocket.

I'm sorry.

She was out of the room at last and found the maknae chugging down a glass of red wine, a half-empty bottle sat on the counter she's leaning on.

"I thought you're hungry?" Jennie threw the rhetorical question.

"And thirsty too."

"Normally people would get water."

"Fuck normal!" Lisa hissed.

And another rub of salt to her open wound.

"Lisa.."

"Seriously, Jen. What are you doing here?" She spat, voice dripping with frustration.

"You're selfish, you know that? You're very well aware of how this would affect me! How this would break me again and gosh, Jennie.. I'm tired of breaking.." She looked down, hands trembling, clutching hard onto the stem of the glass. "Just because it happens a lot doesn't mean it hurts less.."

Jennie knew that, of course. But to hear Lisa saying it out loud is like a merciless slam of a sledgehammer to her already broken heart. "Trust me I know, Lis. I know because I feel it too.."

"Then why do we keep hurting each other like this?" Lisa barely said above whisper, a hand grasping the fabric of the shirt over her chest because she could literally feel the stinging pain in there. Jennie took very careful steps towards her as if any hasty movement would scare Lisa off. Once she got no more than an arm's reach, she cautiously took the glass from Lisa and put it on the counter behind her. It was no doubt that the glass would break had she let Lisa hold it any longer.

"Let me get the food ready," Jennie said, dodging the million dollar question. What Lisa did next startled her, but she couldn't be happier about anything else because the Thai snaked her arms around her waist and burrowed her face in her neck. An ambush hug. She couldn't help but hug back.

Both of them released what sounded like relieved sighs. You know, the kind that people release after dumping their bodies on the bed at the end of a long exhausting day. Only for them it was a long exhausting year, and the bed was each other's body heat, the irreplaceable comfort.

"I miss you but I hate you.." The taller girl said, muffled by the soft skin of Jennie Kim's neck.

"I'm oddly okay with that," Jennie gave a half-suppressed laugh, a lone tear made its way down her cheek while doing so. She wiped it with the pad of her palm before pulling away to give Lisa a once-over.