16TH SHOT PT.2

The silence that follows Lisa's departure is deafening. It reverberates within the hollow walls of Jennie's chest, leading to a flurry of thoughts echoing and swirling in her mind—some applauding her for standing her ground, while others mock her lack of self-control that eventually pushed Lisa away.

Did she really have to go? Jennie's not sure but one thing she's always known about Lisa is her unwavering honesty. She is the type to tell you the painful truths rather than the soothing lies, so when she said she had to go, she really had to go.

Where to, though? Jennie should have asked so she knows whether to expect her back again or not. How naive, a mocking voice in her mind taunts, berating her lack of foresight. In the midst of her internal debate, uncertainty gnaws at Jennie's thoughts, grappling with her desire for answers and her reluctance to confront the reality before her.

But with Lisa's scent still lingering, Jennie just can't think straight. She decides to brew some coffee, hoping that her brain will jolt back to life after her caffeine shot. She pads to the kitchen only to find a freshly brewed pot of coffee awaiting her, a gesture undoubtedly put together by Lisa. This simple act, a touch of the Thai's warmth, sends a sharp pang through Jennie's heart—just another reminder of the unfair treatment she has inflicted upon Lisa.

While pouring the dark rich liquid into her favorite Lili's mug that she bought on a whim in Amsterdam years ago, something on the kitchen counter catches her eyes. A rectangular package wrapped in a deep blue wrapper and a crisp white ribbon. A present, what else? Her focus shifts, the coffee momentarily forgotten, spilling over the rim as her curiosity takes hold.

"Shit," she curses under her breath as she reaches for a napkin to clean up the mess. She can't for the love of God function with the present silently sitting there. It is utterly disrupting her ability to focus that she failed a simple task like pouring a goddamn coffee.

Succumbing to curiosity, she carefully picks up the package and begins to unwrap it. To her surprise, she finds a Leica Disney special edition inside, an item that is not due for release for a few more months. She remembers mentioning it once in passing, saying it was cute and that's all. How did Lisa manage to get it? Another reason to love Lisa Manoban number nth: She's very attentive and will go the extra mile to make you feel special.

Jennie lets out a contented sigh, her fingers gently exploring the camera, admiring the cute design and Lisa's thoughtfulness. As she takes it for a closer look, her attention is drawn to a card tucked beneath it, adorned with a distinctive handwriting that is unmistakably Lisa's.

May your birthday be filled with snapshots of joy, laughter, and the warmth of our love. With every click, remember that my heart beats in rhythm with yours. Happy birthday, my love.

Your Lili

Guilt ambushes Jennie as she thinks of the extent of Lisa's efforts to make this moment happen. Getting permission from YG, coordinating with her brand, securing a special birthday gift – each detail comes to mind, along with the time and energy that Lisa invested. Then she thinks of the way she suddenly snapped at Lisa, a momentary lapse that now weighs heavily on her conscience. She imagines Lisa's confusion over the sudden outburst, yet she chose not to confront Jennie further.

"Oh, Lili. What have I done?" Jennie whispers as her vision starts to blur by tears.

*

Shower was apparently the right decision because Jennie feels much more refreshed after it. Realizing she hasn't had anything since the morning, she whips up a quick salad using the available ingredients from her fridge– tossing sliced bell peppers, onions, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and lettuce into a bowl and dressing it with extra virgin oil, balsamic vinegar, and Dijon mustard. Her body deserves some goodness on this special day. A late lunch is the least she can do at the moment. A late lunch, Jennie smiles, recalling memories of Lisa during her courting days.