15TH SHOT PT.2

"So let me get this straight. You want me and Lisa to fake a relationship to make Jennie jealous, right?" Bona asks Jisoo.

"Yup!" Jisoo prolongs the 'p' with her lips that are wet from the iced-americano she just sipped.

"Oh God.." Lisa buries her face in her hands. There is no way on earth would she have thought that what Jisoo meant by help is this, playing make-believe with someone she barely knows. "I don't like the sound of it.." she whines but immediately continues when she sees Bona. "Don't get me wrong, Bona unnie. You're very beautiful and it's not that I don't want to do it with you, you know, I just--"

"Do you have a better plan?" Jisoo cuts her midway. Her voice is stern and her eyes are boring into Lisa's. The younger girl gulps, fully aware that Jisoo is only like this when she is super serious or super annoyed and at the moment Lisa can't tell which one. She just lightly shakes her head. No, she does not have a better plan. Or a plan at all, in that case. Her love for Jennie has always been a secret, and she plans to keep it that way. Oh hey, that's a plan. That's the plan. To bring this secret with her until the day she dies.

The silence stretches and leaves everyone on the table to their own tangles of thoughts. "Because I hate to see you miserable because of this, Lis.." Jisoo says, almost a whisper. As if it's not for everyone to hear. Gone is her stern voice for now it turns to a shaky breath. Lisa reaches across the table, taking Jisoo's hand in her own. They exchange a sad smile, expressing a thousand things without a single word.

"I'll do it!" Bona suddenly says with determination in her voice.

"Wae?" Lisa can't hide the shock on her face.

But a small smile starts to creep on Jisoo's face. Her shoulders shake before she bursts out laughing. "I knew you'd sign up. Otherwise, I wouldn't have asked you in the first place." She raises her palm in the air which is met by Bona's own. They freaking high-five.

"What the hell?" The poor Thai says. She sometimes forgets that Jisoo is a great actress.

*

"We're home," Jisoo says, taking off her Dior sneakers and putting them on the shoe rack with such gentle care as if putting down a sleeping baby on a bassinet, while Lisa kicks her Birkenstocks off and is about to walk past the older girl but the latter is quick to snatch the hood of Lisa's sweater, accidentally choking her from behind.

"Akhkh... The hell Chu?!" She says, her face is red either from the absence of oxygen or from plain agitation. Or both. (It's definitely both)

"Put your goddamn sandals where they should be." Jisoo glares at her.

Although half-heartedly, the Thai picks her sandals and tosses them next to Jisoo's shoes.

Jisoo is staring at her, amused to see Lisa acting up like a big baby. "Get used to cleaning your own mess, silly."

"The fuck is that supposed to mean?" Lisa swiftly turns to see Jisoo. The perks of a dancer, everything she does is so full of grace, a motion as simple as turning around looks like a dance move and Jisoo envies that.

But of course she doesn't tell Lisa that. Instead, she does what she does best -- bantering with the Thai. "What is it with the language? You've been cursing like a sailor all the way home!"

"How about you tell me! I'm not the one who sets a friend in a pretend play to make things even more complicated!"

"Told you it's to help you!"

"Well as far as I remember, I didn't ask for your help!"

"Would you two shut the fuck up!" Jennie's voice booms with the sound of hasty footsteps approaching before she finally comes into view. "What the hell is happening?" Her eyebrows meet, her hands on her hip. "I was doing yoga and I couldn't concentrate because of you guys."