8TH SHOT PT.2

"This was not what I had in mind when I said coffee," Jennie was scrutinizing the ingredients and nutrition facts on the can of instant coffee in her hand, weighing the calorie intake. "Hah. This is essentially sugar with water."

Lisa grinned without tearing her gaze away from the setting sun at the end of the horizon. Trying to escape dispatch, they ended up driving a little further than intended and now they were stranded in the outskirt of town, but finally given the privacy they needed. It was past six, yet the humidity of September air seemed to stick around. Hence, the cold drinks in their hands that they got from the nearest convenience store.

"Sorry I couldn't get you iced americano," Lisa said, eyes still glued to the orange trails left by the sun. "Is it still iced americano, though?" She finally diverted to Jennie, eyes curious to know if this little part of her hadn't changed.

"Of course. It didn't change the whole time you knew me, why would it suddenly change?" Jennie stated her answer like an obvious fact while giving Lisa an incredulous look. It got her a little that Lisa thought she changed just because they were no longer together.

Silence fell after that, but it wasn't the uncomfortable kind so none of them felt the urge to break it. They were enjoying the tranquillity, the distant city buzz, and the warm breeze that waft each other's scent into the air, secretly killing one another with longing. Jennie finally took a sip of her what-so-called coffee and regretted it instantly. "Confirmed. Sugar with water," She winced and put the can on the hood of Lisa's car they were currently sitting on.

Lisa chuckled at the girl, hand extending a carton of chocolate milk. "Wanna trade?"

"You know I don't really drink that. I only stole some sips while you're at it."

"What stops you this time then?" Lisa raised the drink right in front of the girl's mouth, straw exactly pointed at her plump lips.

"It's not stealing when you give it away like that." She said yet still leaned forward to suck the drink anyway, slowly with eyes playfully looking at the Thai.

Lisa gulped at the sight. Doe eyes met feline ones, their smiles faltered. It's amazing how the atmosphere seemed to keep shifting between these two. After what felt like a long moment trying to decipher what each other was thinking about, Lisa's hand moved on its own accord, hooking a strand of hair that fell on the Korean's face. But so did Jennie's, as her hand impulsively caught Lisa's and leaned her face onto it. Eyes closed, a lone tear made its way down her now leaner cheek. She took a deep shaky breath as if taking in the present as much as her small frame can bear, then breath out, like letting all those years of yearning she had been holding inside since she and Lisa called it off.

It was seconds later that Lisa joined Jennie, cheeks stained with tears and hand still resting on the older girl's face. "Tell me why we didn't fight harder again?"

No answer came out of the latter, for the same question had been haunting her for the past three years. Three agonizing years of wondering why she let Lisa slip off her fingers, three exhausting years of wondering Lisa's whereabouts, three fucking years of hating herself for how things ended up between them.

"Tell me how to stop loving you.." Said the younger again between intense sobs.

"Tell me-" Lisa's next words were muffled by Jennie's lips because the brunette kissed her right there and then, throwing all her inhibitions out the window, delving deep in the familiarity of Lisa's taste. Taken aback by the action, the maknae remained unresponsive while Jennie's lips were claiming hers, making sure no skin left untouched. It didn't take long before Jennie realized Lisa's passiveness and stopped her action at once.