16TH SHOT PT.3

The way leading to the interview location feels familiar, yet Jennie remains silent. She's totally drained with no intention of doing beyond what she's told. Resting her head against the car window, her gaze glides across the vast Han River unfolding beside her. That spot was once a safe haven for Jennie and Lisa during their trainee days. When challenges intensified and homesickness loomed, they found solace there, united by their unspoken struggles. They would just stand in silence, arms linked to let each other know that they were together in this. Their shared dream, after all, was what brought them together in the first place and that was enough of a sign to not give up.

As the car comes to a halt in the basement parking lot, her intuition is proven correct - the KSPO dome, where some of Blackpink concerts took place. The space is nearly devoid of vehicles, aside from a handful of vans that she assumes belong to the agency. The empty vastness of the lot amplifies the sound of her sneakers against the pavement. Rather than walking beside manager oppa, she silently trails behind him, a clear evidence of her reluctance to be here.

In contrast to when the place was brimmed with tens of thousands of Blinks- a sea of pink pyongbongs waving in sync with the pounding beats that thrummed through the air- the empty venue evolved to a serene sanctuary, with the hues of tangerine that comes with the twilight casting an amber glow upon the empty seats.

And there she is. Lisa is casually standing in the middle of the stadium, though dwarfed by its expanse grandeur yet Jennie can effortlessly spot her. The red cap she's donning stirs a sensation within her. It's the celine cap with the number 16 adorning it. It's hard not to feel self-aware when that particular number is her birthdate, and today marks her birthday! She strides towards the Thai, determined to get over with the interview in record time because she's yet to shake off the fact that she still has to work on her birth-fucking-day.

"Lisa," she calls, her voice clipped, laden with a mixture of urgency and annoyance.

The Thai turns slowly, their eyes meet.

"Stop!" Lisa says, her right hand extended for added impact.

Jennie's brows furrow in confusion. "What? Where are Jisoo unnie and Rosie?"

"They'll be here, I promise," Lisa assures, her tone sincere.

But Jennie's impatience gets the better of her, and she starts retracing her steps toward the stadium exit.

"Jennie, please wait."

Exasperated, she half-turns, her frustration evident. "What? I'm not standing around in the middle of this massive stadium. I'd rather wait in the car."

"Please, wait. Listen to me." Lisa's voice is desperate, begging for understanding.

Jennie's determination to leave wavers slightly. "Well, you can follow me and we'll talk in the car."

However, Lisa can't let the distance between them grow any further. She chases after the Korean and grasps her wrist rather tightly.

"Will you stop and listen to me? I'm really trying here!"

"Trying what, Lisa? Trying to sabotage my only dayoff by working my ass off while you're here?" Jennie's eyes bore into Lisa's, the tension between them hung thick in the air.

Lisa's jaw dropped as the accusation hit her unexpectedly. "Wait, that's not..."

Jennie, unable to contain her anger, turns away and heads back to the direction of the exit gate, her steps determined.

"YOU REACH THAT GODDAMN GATE AND I SWEAR WE'RE DONE!" Lisa roars. The threat, laced with hurt and vulnerability, strikes Jennie's core, forcing her to pause and turn around.