6TH SHOT

It's Friday night to people in general, but it's date night to Jennie and Lisa. And by date it usually means Netflix and chill at either Jennie's or Lisa's place, nothing fancy like wine and dine, tasting delicacies from around the world at a Michelin starred restaurant. They do that a lot for promotions, ads, and awards that such things start to feel like work instead of a delightful experience. So they opt for a comfy night in a comfy dress with it being sweatshirt or pajamas, curled up in each other's company while giggling watching a silly comedy or sobbing throughout a sappy drama. And more often than not (cue cough), capped by an intense lovemaking. I mean, let's be real. That's what Netflix and chill essentially means, right?

Jennie had prepared gamjatang for dinner, Lisa's favorite, not to mention dressing up presentably, that means half cute half sexy, entertaining the possibility of some intimate session with the Thai. She was scrolling through movies on Netflix to watch tonight, still juggling between options though she had already asked Lisa to watch Carol with her and the latter said yes, when her phone vibrated on her bedside table.

My Poopoo is calling...

"Poopoo, are you done?"

"Yeah. Still on the set, though. Leaving soon."

"Okay. I have everything ready. I'm waiting for you."

"Ah, about that. I'm calling is to ask if it's okay if I go to my place first to pick up something? It's work related. Manager oppa is driving me home and then he's gonna drop me at your place."

Jennie glanced at a clock on the wall, 9:27. "Sure. You okay though?"

"I am. It's just been quite a day."

Sensing exhaustion in Lisa's voice, the Korean didn't have the heart to tire her any further. "Look, I don't mind if we skip tonight. Get some rest, you need it."

"And sleep alone? Hell no."

Jennie chuckled at that. The maknae's stubbornness is adorable sometimes. "Okay then. See you soon."

**

It was almost half past ten and Jennie started to feel jittery. It's getting late yet the Thai was not there yet. With a huff of frustration, she picked up the remote and started the movie she planned to watch with Lisa. And that's when her phone rang again.

Manager Oppa is calling...

"Oppa? What's the matter?"

"Hey, Jennie. It's about Lisa."

"Lisa? Is everything okay? Is she with you? Where are you?"

"Hey hey calm down. She's okay. She just... Fell asleep."

"Ah. She must be really tired. She's home already, though?"

"Yes. I'm calling you to ask if I should wake her up. She wanted me to drop her at your place."

"Umm.. It's alright, Oppa. Let her rest. She just had a long day."

"Okay then, if that's the case."

"Thank you, Oppa."

"Don't mention it. Good night Jennie."

With that, she hung up. She hated times like this, when a part of her wanted to be selfish and have Lisa for herself while the other wanted the opposite, giving Lisa what's best for her at the moment. It's just that she hadn't seen the blonde in almost a week due to work so it was reasonable that she had been looking forward to tonight. And she couldn't tell if she was more angry or disappointed from having her plan ruined. Or maybe sad? She wasn't really sure. But the mixed emotions materialized in a form of a lone tear cascading down her cheek. She wiped it with the back of her hand and scoffed, and told nobody in particular, "Fuck it. I'm gonna watch the movie myself and have a bucket of ice cream."