15TH SHOT PT.1

"Freaks.." Jennie scoffs, her thumb scrolling the slick screen of her phone. She scans the contents for a few more seconds before she locks the device and tosses it onto a pillow with a turtle rabbit pattern case.

"The hate comments again?" Jisoo asks, the older girl is cozily tucked in her bed while playing Beggar Life. Blinks tease her for it, but if giving zero fucks about what others say was a superpower, hers would be it.

"Nah, it's that time of the month. You know.."

"You're on your period?" She throws a side glance before focusing on the game again.

The younger girl pauses for a second before she huffs. "It's the 23rd..."

For a moment Jisoo just raises her eyebrow before she gasps and puts her phone down. "The 23rd already? Dang it, my brother's birthday was yesterday!" She dramatically tosses her phone onto the bed then drags her palms down her pretty face.

"Chu.." Jennie whines.

Jisoo snorts. "I know, I know. Jenlisa day, yay!"

"CHUUU!" Jennie slaps her arm.

"Hey, that hurts!" She caresses the skin Jennie hit that is now in a pink hue. "And for your information, it was indeed my bro's birthday yesterday. Damn that must be why he was so cold when I called him earlier."

"You're so insensitive sometimes,"

"Tell me something I don't know," She giggles and Jennie only huffs in desperation. The older girl sits up straight and pats the space next to her. Despite her sour mood, Jennie scoots closer.

"How many years has it been? You should've been used to it by now," she carefully says. Jennie doesn't say a thing. She just feels around the sheet with her palm, smoothing invisible creases on the surface of the material.

"Besides, it happens to all of us. Lisoo and Chaelisa, remember? It's only a problem if you take it personally."

"Yah, what are you talking about?" Jennie tries to whack Jisoo with a pillow but the latter is quick to dodge.

"You're abusive when you're in a bad mood, you know that?" Jisoo says but the younger girl only sticks her tongue out.

Jisoo crosses her arms on her chest, trying to keep herself from flicking Jennie's forehead with her long fingernail. "Seriously, though. These shipping shenanigans wouldn't bug you unless you pay attention."

"Who wouldn't, Chu? Who wouldn't be bugged by edited pics and videos of you and your friend, making them look as if you're romantically involved.. even worse, sexually.. when in fact you're not." Jennie throws her arms in frustration. This issue clearly has gotten further into her head than Jisoo thought.

"I would say me but you're gonna slam another pillow at my face so let's put that aside." Jisoo turns to face Jennie. "Seriously, though. Why does it bother you so much when you can simply ignore it? Just let them be."

"If I let them, they would start to believe what they think as the truth. Psychologically speaking."

Jisoo badly wants to make a joke about the psychologically speaking part but is aware that now is not the time. "Is it so bad that they think.. keyword, think.." Jisoo is quick to stress her point, "that you and Lisa are together?" She looks at the feline eyes expectantly.

"Is that even a question? Of course it is. We're both girls! We can't be together. Just the idea of it makes me uncomfortable." Jennie grimaces for added effect.

Jisoo only tongues the inside of her cheek, as if trying to stop herself from saying something she's not supposed to. Her face is unreadable too and that makes Jennie question her.