16TH SHOT PT.1

When Jennie opens her eyes and finds a pair of doe eyes staring dreamily at her, she immediately closes them again. Because there is no way that Lisa is right here in front of her when she is supposed to be in Paris for work. For two freaking weeks. It's only been four days but Jennie's skin is already crawling with desperation from missing her too much.

"Great, now I'm hallucinating," she whines.

But a quiet chuckle is heard, followed by a soft voice that is unmistakably Lisa's. "Wake up, birthday girl.."

Eyes still closed, Jennie groans. "Pinch me.."

"I'd rather kiss you instead.." Imaginary Lisa, or so she thought, says before Jennie can feel a pair of plump lips land on her own.

"Shit. I don't wanna wake up. Might as well roll with it." Jennie murmurs and kisses back passionately. She can feel a familiar hand running gently on the expanse of her thin-shirt covered back, down to the swell of her panties clad bottom. She moans from the motion, then runs her tongue on imaginary Lisa's bottom lips, begging for entrance. But what she gets instead is a pinch on her rear end.

"Ouch!" She jerks her eyes open. "What was that for?"

"So you know it's not a dream," Lisa says, face painted with amusement.

"On the butt? Really?"

"Don't blame me when you're only sleeping in a super thin shirt and tiny underwear like that."

But Jennie only gasps, her hands fly to cover her mouth from sudden realization.

Lisa's demeanor switches to concern immediately. "Babe, are you okay?"

"Lisa," Jennie slowly puts her hand on Lisa's cheek. "You're really here..."

And the girl starts sobbing.

Lisa collects her in her arms, amusement back on her face. "You big softie, I wouldn't miss your birthday for the world." She kisses Jennie's head, "Not anymore.." and tightens her hold on the smaller girl.

The latter pulls away, tears still streaming down her pretty face that is now tinted red. "But how? Aren't you supposed to be in Paris?"

"I am exactly where I'm supposed to be." She smiles and gives Jennie that look as if she is the only thing that matters in the world.

To be where she is right now is not a walk in the park. In fact, it's anything but. A walk through rocky road, or hell, or whatever idiom there is to describe a long and arduous process. She had to arrange everything to bits since a few months ago: convincing YG, making a deal with her sponsor in Paris, renting a jet, everything it takes so that she will be free on Jennie's birthday. But of course Jennie doesn't know that.

"Don't be so sweet, Lisa. Or I'll marry you. Might as well make this birthday even more memorable," Jennie teases.

Lisa stiffens at that. And it takes Lisa's paling face to make Jennie realize that she just put her foot in her mouth. "Oh gosh, I was just kidding!" She is quick to clarify, moving her hands frantically, scrambling for words.

"I take it back, I take it back. Let's rewind," she says as she sits back up and pretends that she is crying. "So I was crying, and I asked why you were here, and you said you were where you were supposed to be, and that's it! I didn't say anything else! Now let's-"

Lisa kisses her. "For someone who just woke up, you talk too much," she murmurs. Jennie sighs before reciprocating, feeling relief from successfully saving herself from what might possibly be self-embarrassment, but she can't ignore the gradually creeping disappointment taking hold in her chest. Is the idea of marrying her truly so dreadful? The look on Lisa's face resembles that of someone who's witnessed a ghost, even though the proposal was veiled as a mere joke.