Chapter 10-Dangerous Intentions

Elizabeth POV

I finally arrived at the Observatory after what seemed like an eternity. I take deep and steady breaths as I exit my car and walk up to the door. I see that there is blood on the door. I push the door open and walk inside. I can instantly remember Dad's impromptu training; he would have me watch. I pull my gun out and extend my arms forward. I saunter, trying not to make a noise but what makes me jump and gasp softly is the scene I see before me. Freddie is standing next to Abel while he's operating on a semi-conscious Fredrick Chilton. I try to keep my composure until I hear, 

"Welcome, Ms. Crawford. May I ask you if you could take your gun and kick it over here? Throw it now."

I sigh harshly, place my gun on the floor, and kick it to Chilton. Abel motions to Freddie to pick the gun up. 

Freddie points the gun at me and says, 

"I mean no ill will, but you need to understand." 

I nod my head and walk over to Abel, Freddie, and Chilton. I raise my hands in the air and saunter to them.

As I walk closer, I can finally see what is occurring. I gasp softly when the image becomes clear. 

"You look like you've seen a ghost. Come stand next to me." Gideon commands me. 

I slowly walk over to Gideon. Chilton's intestines looked as if they were hanging on a thread. I feel my gag reflex about to explode. 

"Don't worry, my darling, I'm a professional," Abel says to me. 

Chilton had shallow breathing and looked on the verge of death. Abel hands what looks like a breathing pump to Freddie and take off his medical gloves. Abel suddenly grabs my hair in his fist and pulls me away. I yelp in pain, but other than that, I don't want to give Abel the satisfaction that he had hurt me. Abel takes me further into the observatory, to another room. 

As Abel opens the door, he pushes me inside the room and closes the door. I can hear the door lock. 

"Well, we certainly have come a long way since three months ago. I knew the moment you and I would be alone, and I would have my way with you." Abel whispered. 

I began to tremble, not because it was cold, but I became afraid. I slowly come back onto my feet, and I say, 

"Abel, you don't have to do this. We can go back to the hospital, and I won't say anything. In you kidnapping Freddie and me, you'll have more years added along with the murders of those other people and attempted murder of Chilton. I can help you get the help you need. The right help. Not Chilton, Bloom, or even Lecter. I will help you." 

Abel looked at me with what looked like he was considering what I was saying, but he quickly turned on me instead. Abel grabbed my arms and threw me to the ground. I screamed in pain, and before I knew it, Abel was on top of me, trying to hold my hands above my head. That's when panic ensued. Abel then used his right hand to place it on my throat to strangle me. I kept choking and gasping for air. I then had an idea, but I would have to do something that I would regret. 

"Abel, please! Abel, please let me say something!" I yell. 

Abel then releases my throat, and I can finally breathe. 

"Speak your piece quickly so I can go ahead with raping and killing you," Abel says in an ominous voice. 

I summon all of the courage I had, and I say, 

"That's the thing. If you kill me, I'll die a virgin. I've decided that I'll give myself to you. You'll be my first and only man. But first, I want you to kiss me. Just like you had been planning to all these months".

 Abel smiled at me and took his left hand off my arms, and began to kiss me. I have been kissed before, but Abel was experienced. Abel lifted me off the floor and flung me on the wall. Abel began to kiss my neck, and I wrapped my legs around Abel. 

Abel then whispers to me, "I have waited for this moment for so long. Tell me, what made you change your mind?" 

I smile and say, "I needed you to lift me to get my knife, you dumb motherfucker."

Abel's eyes widened, and I quickly take the knife I had in my right leg and begin stabbing Abel literally in the back

Abel's eyes widened, and I quickly take the knife I had in my right leg and begin stabbing Abel literally in the back. Abel screams and drops me. I kick Abel in the groin, and he falls to the ground. As I begin to run, Abel starts to shoot at me with my gun, with one of the bullets grazing my left arm. I run out of the room, and I stumble on the ground. Abel is about to reshoot me but is interrupted by the main door being tumbled by SWAT. I can hear running footsteps, and I see that Abel has run away. I scramble up from the floor and start running towards the door that Abel fleed out of, and my father stops me. 

"No! The police will handle him! Stop fighting me!" Dad yelled at me. Dad then scooped me off the ground, tossed me over his shoulder, and took me outside to be treated by the EMS. 

A Short Time Later

The EMS cleaned and bandaged my grazed arm. Dad tells me that Chilton will be OK for now and that the hospital would update us regarding his condition. I wasn't paying attention to what Dad was saying because I was so occupied with where Gideon had gone. Dad kissed me on the forehead and left me with the EMS. I can see that Dad was speaking with Lounds and other FBI agents. I decided to use the time of confusion and slip to my car. I knew that there was one other person I could talk to. We never talk much, but I know that Alana Bloom will hear me out.