Chapter 31-The Last Time

Elizabeth POV
There was only so much I could do to help Will without getting in trouble. Aside from Jack breathing down my neck, I also had Kade Purnell and Hannibal watching my every move. The only person that I could trust that have clear access is Beverly. She was often busy with other work, and I didn't want to burden Beverly with my troubles. When Beverly stopped me, I was ready to leave to stay at the hospital where my mother was occupying due to a health scare she didn't tell me about until recently.

"Hey, I need to talk to you."

I walk to Beverly's office, and she gestures for me to sit down.

"I don't know how to say this, but I've been looking into the crimes that Will was accused of, and Will has this suspicion."

I nod and ask,

"Well, who's the suspect?"

Beverly looks around to make sure no one is nearby to listen. Beverly then tells me in a whispered tone,

"That Hannibal committed these crimes."

I lean closer to Beverly and ask,

"Do you believe that he did?"

Beverly shakes her head in disapproval.

"Hannibal has no reason to harm Will. Do you believe that Hannibal is the true killer?"

Beverly doesn't know about all the threats I heard from Hannibal, and I refuse to tell her. So the best thing that I could say is,

"Will could be experiencing a psychotic break, but I believe in what he accuses Hannibal of."

Beverly looked at me with disbelief and said,

"You cannot be serious."

I stand up from the chair and reply,

"I believe that Hannibal is capable of this. Not only was he a surgeon and a doctor, but he had so much knowledge in that brain of his that I wouldn't put it past him to delve into the shit we have to clean up at every crime scene. If I were you, I'd stay the fuck away from Hannibal and run. He will do great harm to you and will not show mercy."

Beverly then steps in front of me as I leave the office.

"You act as if you know him so well. I see the way that you look at Hannibal. Don't tell me that you've suspected Hannibal since day one."

"Since the day that Will was arrested, and you attacked me with a stun gun was the day I suspected Hannibal. Like I said before, I don't care if this costs me my life; I will make this stick to Hannibal and make him pay."

With that said, I walk away from Beverly and head toward the elevators. As I punch the button to head to the first floor, I look at Beverly and wave goodbye. She waved back with a small smile. If I had known what was to transpire, I would've said more to her than I did.