Chapter 30-Blind Justice

Elizabeth POV

Not enough coffee in the world could help me out with this. The team and I were staring at the body of a very deceased Judge Davies. His head had been sliced open. His corpse was hanging by chains and in his left hand was a scale that had his brain and heart. Whoever committed this crime was skilled and wanted to send a message to whoever found the body. Surprisingly, no one got physically sick after seeing this body. After helping Beverly take photos, I left the courtroom and towards the bathroom to collect myself. I've seen grizzly crime scenes, but never with a brain and a heart extracted from the victim. After I leave the bathroom, I see Kade Purnell, trying to compose herself after seeing Judge Davis hanging like a marionette. I dare not approach Kade or Jack, who begins to converse with her.

"What do you think happened?" Beverly asks me.

I look at her and think about what I saw.

"Someone probably wanted a mistrial for Will. Judge Davies did throw out Hannibal's testimony and any help to Will would make him look innocent. Someone is trying to screw Will over. I don't know how, but whoever it is, will pay for their crimes."

Beverly then followed my gaze towards Hannibal as he was leaving the courtroom. Hannibal looks towards me and smirks. My heart began to quicken and my anxiety was kicked into high gear. I can't help but feel frightened when I see Hannibal. His threats, his glare, and his power are starting to affect me. I need to prove that Hannibal is behind this ordeal. I hope to God that I'm wrong. God, I hope so.