Chapter 35-No One Is Safe

Elizabeth POV

Ugh, that son of a bitch! Whoever hits me will pay. My vision is super blurry. My head throbbed, and I felt like my body was on fire. As my idea comes into focus, I can see two familiar people. Hannibal and Matthew Brown, the orderly with me when I saw Abel and Will.

"Aww, look. The princess woke up." Matthew says.

I softly grunt and try to get up, but I keep slipping. I look at my hands, and I see its blood. My heart began to race.

"Don't worry; it's not your blood. It's his." Matthew says, pointing at Hannibal.

I can see that Hannibal is bound to what looks like a makeshift crucifix, and his wrists have been cut. Blood is spilling from Hannibal, and he is also hanging from a noose. My heart began to race. I was terrified. Why was Matthew doing this? He had no reason. Not once did I ever see Matthew and Will talking to each other.

"What's the matter, my dear? Are you scared of me?" Matthew asks.

Matthew slowly walks towards me. I rapidly get up, but Matthew grabs me with brute strength and zip-ties my wrists. I struggled to hit Matthew, but I was able to kick Matthew in the shin. It wasn't courageous. I ended up getting punched in the mouth, and I fell to the ground. Matthew slowly walked around me as I struggled to get up.

"You little bitch. I'm trying to save you and rid the world of evil, yet you try to fight me. We're on the same side. You hate this man as much as Will Graham, yet you are trying to save him. Why? Are you in love with Hannibal Lecter?"

I spit out the blood that began to rush from my mouth. I let out a small groan, and I stayed on my knees.

"I would rather die than be in love with Hannibal. You're making a mistake doing this. He isn't the Chesapeake Ripper. You'll never get away with this."

Matthew walks up to me and holds my face.

"You're so young and innocent. I bet you haven't been touched yet. I wonder-"

"Don't you dare touch her!" Hannibal yells.

Matthew turns to look at Hannibal. Matthew smiles and then looks at me.

"How sweet. The killer cares for you. I won't kill her, Dr. Lecter. I'll take her with me as I pick up where you left off as the Chesapeake Killer. She and I will travel as I kill and kill left and right."

Matthew then drags me close to Hannibal. Matthews leaves on one of the steps under where Hannibal's body is hanging. I'm looking up toward Hannibal. If he is genuinely the Chesapeake Ripper, he has to pay for his crimes in a court of law, not like this.

"Look towards your savior, Elizabeth. He'll turn on you one day, and you will wish I killed you."

Suddenly, I hear a booming voice coming from the entrance. It was Jack.

"Put your hands where I can see them."

Hannibal then screams,

"He's got a gun, Jack!"

Matthew chuckles and looks at me.

"Let's see whom he saves first."

Matthew pulls his gun at me and fires. I fall back and down the steps. Jack then shoots at Matthew, and he falls. With Matthew's strength, he kicks the bucket from under Hannibal's feet, and Hannibal begins to choke. Jack then runs to Hannibal to try and hold Hannibal. I try to get up, and I see Andrew running towards me. Andrew frees me from the zip-tie, and he applies pressure to my wound. It was a gunshot wound to my left arm. I hold onto Andrew, and I hold in my tears as the pain in my arm grows stronger, along with my anger.