Chapter 5-Dream

Elizabeth POV (Dream)

I'm in a long, dark hallway. There's a door at the end with light coming out of the bottom of the door. My instincts tell me to run far away, but my body is pulling me closer and closer to the door. The door opens slowly, with the door creaking echoing down the hall. 

Hannibal is at the door. "Come in, Elizabeth." He says. I refuse. 

He extends his hand towards me. "Take my hand, Liz. I promise I won't hurt you." 

Again, I try to fight against my whole being, but it's useless. I take his hand, and he pulls me into his room. I turn to look at him, and he's disappeared. I look around the room frantically. I then hear a SWOOSH  coming from behind me. A knife has been flung from the opposite end of the room. Suddenly, another knife. This time, it hits me in my arm. Piercing my skin and I let out a scream. Hannibal comes running at me with another knife when I take mine from my skin and try slicing him. Hannibal kicks me in the ribs, and I go tumbling on the floor. 

He walks over to me, pulling my hair and rolling my hair into his fist, and says, "You think you can beat me? You're mistaken, little girl. You are at my mercy, Elizabeth. And no one can save you." 

Hannibal pulls me closer to him and whispers to me, "I own you." 

With that, he slits my throat. I grab my neck to stop the bleeding, but I feel weak and grow weaker by the minute. I fall again onto the floor, and just as I am about to die-

"ELIZABETH! ELIZABETH!"

My dream by my Mom awakes me. 

"Elizabeth, wake up! You're having a nightmare! Wake up!" I wake up, gasping and drenched with sweat. I keep hyperventilating, trying to catch my breath. My mother is holding me in her arms. 

"Shhh. You were having a nightmare. What were you dreaming of?" 

I was afraid to tell her. She would think I was insane or something. 

"I'm okay. Let me change into another shirt." I reply. 

I get up from the bed and go to the bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror and see that I look like hell. My eyes have dark circles, my hair looks like it was pulled, and I look like I have been doused with a water hose. I dry myself with a towel and change shirts. I'll shower when I officially have to wake up. I look at my clock in the bathroom. 3:15 am. I have to get up at 7:20 in the morning. I still have four hours left. I go back to bed, and I see Mom and Dad there in my room. Both are concerned for me. 

"Honey, you were screaming. And you kept convulsing in bed. What were you dreaming of?" 

I so badly wanted to tell them but I couldn't. I was afraid that in my saying it was Hannibal, my father would force me to work closely with Hannibal to get to know him, and I didn't want to. 

"I really can't remember. I can only see myself in a dark room, and there was no escape." 

Mom kisses me on the head and says, 

"You're safe with us. Never worry. I love you." 

I only nod in agreement. Dad kisses me too, and we say goodnight. Dad is the last to leave my room, so he turns off the light and closes the door. I then decide to lay out the clothes I want to wear for the morning and charge my laptop. I then get back into bed, trying to fall asleep, praying that I don't have another nightmare. I hope that everything is better tomorrow morning and that my day with go without a hitch.