Chapter 23-I Don't Care

Elizabeth POV

"CRAWFORD!"

My voice echoed in the hallway, causing the guards to react and the prisoners to mock my call. Jack turned around and stood still. As I walked up towards him, I stood quite a distance from him and said, 

"Why aren't you looking into Hannibal? Will says that he has accessed one of his memories and that he remembers Hannibal being there. Why won't you listen to him?" 

Jack says nothing and continues walking away. I grunt in annoyance and continue to follow him. 

"Goddamn it, Jack! Look at me when I am talking, you selfish jackass!" 

Jack turns around and stands still. He and I are a few feet apart, and standing up to him was like standing up to an authoritative being. I won't lie, I was frightened, but I knew that I was correct about what was occurring with Will and Hannibal in my defense.  Jack narrows his eyes at me and says, 

"You have my attention, Elizabeth. What are you going to do now?" 

I begin to walk towards Jack. I feel a little nervous, but I push those doubts aside. I was afraid that Jack might hit me. Why would he, though? Doubts cast aside, I walk up to him and start criticizing him.

"You knew goddamn well that Will wasn't fit for this kind of work, but yet, you pushed and persisted because you were too fucking lazy to do the work your damn self. Then you dared to continue to push Will, and while his mental health was declining, you did nothing. You stood by and allowed for Lecter to poke and probe Will's sanity. Will is here because of you, and so help me, God, I will do whatever it takes to get Will out of here. Even if it's the last thing, I do." 

I step away from Jack and start walking down the hall to leave. As I am walking away, I can feel Crawford's piercing stares hitting me. 

"The next time you want to discuss a topic like adults, don't act like a fucking child!" Jack yells at me. 

I give Jack the middle finger and continue walking away. I don't care anymore about what he or Hannibal says. I am doing this investigation my way, and nothing and no one was going to stop me.