Chapter 42-Found

Elizabeth POV

Jack and I returned to the office with our psyches worse than ever. Alana's fucking Hannibal? Not to sound dramatic, but I felt like puking when I saw Alana walk out of Hannibal's room with nothing but his dress shirt. My head was splitting, but a job had to be done. Jimmy and Brian had just finished testing the meat from Hannibal's party. It was plain beef. No human remains or anything remotely close to a human. Hannibal is too brilliant for his good. He must've figured out that someone would take some of his food home, that sneaky son-of-a-bitch. Finally, our attention was drawn to the fish flies that were recently found. Human remains were found but belonged to recent victims, such as Beverly, Miriam Lass, Sheldon Isley, Judge Davies, and James Gray. They were recent victims of the Chesapeake Ripper, and Will could not commit those murders. Even though this proves that Will didn't commit these past murders, it still doesn't disprove the other victims that Will allegedly killed before. In my heart of hearts, I don't think Will killed those other victims. I know he was framed, but proving it would not be easy. It was then that Jimmy showed Jack that within one of the flies was Madrona bark from a tree that was virtually non-existent on the East Coast, but there is a stand-in Virginia that has this kind of bark. Jack and I exchanged glances and left immediately.

An Hour Later

Jack and I drive to Somerville, Virginia, to find what looks like a creepy cabin in the middle of nowhere. Jack and I exit our vehicles and begin searching the property. Jack and I walked into the house with flashlights and explored every nook and cranny. At this point, Jack and I had turned over everything and are still waiting for the results. Finally, Jack saw a pit covered with a metal door. Jack and I placed our flashlights down and lifted the door. After barely scraping the door away, Jack and I flashed our lights down towards the darkness below. What I thought looked like a pale ghost was a young girl. She lifted her right arm to cover the bright light shining on her.

"My God," I whispered.

I looked at Jack.

"Miriam," Jack whispered.