Chapter 47-Blind Hatred

Elizabeth POV

Frederick was taken to the FBI building. I followed him closely as I did with Will when he was captured. Frederick was taken into an interrogation room, where Alana later joined him. As Alana took her seat, Frederick says, 

"Does it have to be you? It seems like one final indignity."

Alana is staring at Frederick with piercing and judging eyes. She replies, 

"Not like you to hide an achievement."

"The achievement is not mine," Chilton replies.

"Whose is it? Hannibal Lecter's?" Alana answered coldly. 

"Those are just words coming out of your mouth. No weight to them. No consideration they may be true." Chilton responded in kind. 

"They're not true," Alana says in a determined voice. 

It was there that I tuned out of the conversation. Alana's words stung my heart. She was so set on defending Hannibal to the very end. Frederick didn't have a reason to lie to Will or me when he came to us, pleading for help. Frederick is still talking to Alana, but he looks defeated. I believe him, and I know he is innocent. I then turned to Miriam, who came with Dad to identify Frederick. I then noticed her demeanor changing. Tears were falling down her face, and she began to stutter. 

"It's him. It's him. It's him. I-I-I-It's hi-m-m-m!" 

Miriam begins to hyperventilate and cry in my Dad's jacket. My heart drops. There's no way that Frederick could've done this. It was then that Miriam grabbed my father's weapon and fired it through the glass. 

"NO!!!" I yelled. 

The bullet traveled past Alana's head and into Fredericks's cheek. 

Frederick slumped sideways while still handcuffed to the table

Frederick slumped sideways while still handcuffed to the table. I pushed Miriam and Dad out of the way and ran to Frederick's side. Blood was pouring from his cheek, and he was choking on his blood. I held his face and wound while screaming for help. It was then that everything that I believed in was gone. Nothing else mattered. I need to end this madness soon. 

(I am sorry for the short chapter, but I promise it'll be worth it! )