1.4 - Rosie

I should have been embarrassed.

opening myself up more than I had before with anyone. actually liking a boy was completely new to me. sure I'd had people I found cute but it usually didn't go any further than that. telling harry I liked him was nerve-wracking but to see the way he smiled, see those dimples, the flash of his neat white teeth, to have him kiss me again over those simple words was worth it all.

and he promised to pick me up tomorrow for school. I felt my heart race over the idea of sitting in the car with him and fletcher but he placed a delicate calloused hand on my cheek, thumb brushing over my cheekbone whispering, "he won't know Rosie, dont worry,"

I nodded not knowing someone's touch could feel so comforting. he had given me his number before leaving to make it back for class.

it didn't take long for me to overthink everything the second the door was closed behind him. fletcher checking in on me to make sure I was okay, sending messages to tell me he was going to fight max for me.

and I laid in bed that night staring at the ceiling, fletcher sending me a video of the band practice he'd joined in on with the boys and I never felt worst. I kissed his brother. and maybe he wouldnt be upset but I still felt as if a knife was hanging over my head.

in the morning I got dressed extra slow trying to drag out the time I had before they pulled into the driveway.

and as I locked the door behind me I felt sick to my stomach as I saw Harry's car. harry waved a tentative hand in my direction, fletcher in the back typing on his phone, Connor, and nick arguing in the back next to him.

my hand shook as I opened the door and climbed in. harry bit his lip not looking at me at all, not saying anything.

"rose!" fletcher yelled scaring me beyond belief as he shook my shoulders from behind me. "it feels like fucking forever since we've seen each other,"

"haha yeah," I tried playing off how nervous I was and as fletcher sat back in his seat complaining about the music harry had on I calmed down just a bit.

but it all came rushing back as the twins were dropped off. now alone with only fletcher and harry, I looked out the windshield, teeth worrying at my bottom lip, fingers messing with the seam on the edge of my skirt.

I felt a weight lifted off my shoulders as we got out of the car only to be put right back on when I saw max leaning against my locker once again. "fletcher..." I whispered.

"rose you're going to have to put a restraining order on the guy," he muttered anger rising in his voice, "he touches you again, and im fucking beating the shit out of him,"

we walk over to my locker and max perks up, "Hey baby," he smiled and fletcher gave him a glare from hell. "ready for our party tonight?"

"I can't tonight max I have a project for-"

"you fucking promised me-"

"hey, she doesn't want to go-"

"Rosie," max hummed as I pulled out my books with shaking hands.

I looked at fletcher and back to max. I knew max would blame fletcher for me not going with him tonight, knew that it was only one party and I could sneak away at any time, call fletcher just like the last time. and I didn't want him to hurt Fletcher, didn't want him to hurt me again.

"ill think about it," I muttered closing my locker.

max smirked at fletcher as if he had won and fletcher rolled his eyes leading me to my class. and as we reached the door fletcher grabbed at my arm pulling me to the side.