4.2- Rosie

Harry's face was pressed to my neck as he slept. my hands playing with his curls, our legs tangled as I lay on my back, harry holding me close to his sleeping frame. I was too awake to sleep as soundly as he was.

heart hammering for a good hour after harry had touched me, made me feel...so indescribable. I had even taken a shower, harry left in my room watching tv and the hot water did nothing to wash away the feel of him.

and when I had stepped out of the bathroom brushing my hair as any normal day I couldn't look at him. I felt embarrassed even if he did nothing to make me feel that way.

"what's the matter, love?" he asked sitting up against my headboard. he was so misplaced in my room. my whole life the only boy who had come into my room was Fletcher but now harry dressed in his dark clothes laying against my white bedsheets. his boots tucked under my desk neatly as to not be in the way. his black coat over my baby blue chair. he didn't look like he belonged here and yet when he wasn't here I couldn't help but see all the ways he made this space better.

harry always made everything better.

"nothings wrong," I had smiled and he squinted his eyes at me until I broke the silence with a giggle. "don't look at me like that,"

and he shook his head before asking, "can I brush your hair?"

I had blinked at him confused. I truly couldn't believe that harry styles was asking to brush my hair. even after him asking me a whole bush of questions all cute and cautious it still always caught me off guard.

"sure?" the answer comes out as a question for the most part. I walked to him handing him the brush before taking a seat once more between his legs.

my mind went to our moment only moments before my shower, how his hands traced circles over me. I blinked the thoughts away as he began to brush my hair.

it had been over soon enough and then we had laid down nose to nose laughing at jokes the other told.

I think I truly was in love with him more than ever in that moment just laying down so simply saying nothing at all.

I wanted to say it, so so badly but didn't want to ruin this moment. it scared me too much to break.

I looked up at the ceiling of my bedroom now, harry's breathing steady as he slept on and I muttered the words softly. "I love you," and again "I love you," but he didn't hear me as he kept on sleeping.

I fell asleep soon after keeping those words between us in the dark.

harry woke me with light kisses to my neck and jaw. I hummed in response pulling him closer to me.

"I always sleep so fucking good with you," he mumbled in his half-sleep ridden voice. he pressed himself closer to me. both of us wrapped up together in the warmth we had created under the duvet. his skin hot to the touch under my hands as they rubbed at his back.

"I have to bake a pie today," I say pressing my face into the curls on top of his head.

"I wanna help,"

"then we have to get up," I say, body too comfortable and unwilling to make the first move out of the bed.

"maybe we can just let fletcher heal like a normal person, I've been in tons of fights and never gotten a pie from it,"

"that's because we didn't know each other,"

"don't even remind me how fucking embarrassing it was to realize we had grown up the same town for years," he sat up a little pushing his nose behind my ear chucking, "and you're my brothers best fucking friend and I didn't know who you were,"

"I'm not very memorable, also I'm small it's easy to look over me when you're taller than five feet,"

"you're anything but something someone could forget," light kisses placed over my neck as he continued, "I'll be thinking about you even after I die,"

"Oh shut it," I mumble feeling my face heat from his words. he chuckled again pushing his nose into my cheek.

"you're so fucking adorable," and he began kissing all over my face.

it didn't take long for us to get out of bed and to find ourselves in the kitchen.

it was weird to think that this was my life. this time last year I would have been scared to even have seen harry styles walk past my house let alone stand in my kitchen with an apron I made when I was at camp years ago. this time last year I was crying to Fletcher over wanting any recognition from my parents, now I could care less if they came home late.

my life was so altered now with harry in it. I woke up in the morning not dreading to go to school to find max leaning on my locker, I went home not wishing school would last longer so I didn't have to spend that time alone. I looked forward to my late-night calls with harry and even if we didn't call he would come over and do homework with me. both of us just being in each other's presence enough to change so much.

he didn't even ask me for anything, just wanted to be around me. it worried me that maybe one day he would get bored of me, I didn't do much besides watch movies and do homework and before harry, I did that all with Fletcher sans the homework. it was easy to get bored doing the same thing every day. but then again harry and I tossed in a bit of kissing and cuddling as well as lunch dates. but I was still constantly worried.

"wait why not just melt the butter?" he asked face all twisted and cute in confusion.

"because that would make a weak dough," I say sticking my hands in the same bowl he was working in, I demonstrate once more what I wanted him to do, guiding his hands to softly kneed the butter in the flower. "we want to try and keep the coldness in so don't use your whole hand only your fingertips,"

"I'm sure Fletcher wouldn't notice if his pie dough was weak,"

"But I would know," I state, "and it's easy to tell anyway, it wouldn't be a pie anymore, more of a crumble,"

"he would still eat it,"

I shake my head knowing he's right, "well you just work on your pie as I make mine,"

"yeah yeah well fletcher can have mine and we can eat yours," he says practicing what I had shown him.

it didn't take long before Harry was singing under his breath. he did this often, always getting invested in the music we put on. in the car he would play around trying to act as if he was singing badly but in fact, it was the total opposite. Harry's voice was lovely. even last night harry had hummed himself to sleep as he played with the end of my hair.

harry soon started to bump his hips into mine as we worked side by side. we joked back and forth until our pies went into the oven to bake. harry leaning against the counter, head rolled back, eyes closed.

he was so beautiful just doing nothing, just being in his moment. even dressed up in his sweats and my handmade apron. I move between his legs, his eyes not opening but a smile spreading. I wrap my arms around his center leaning my head against him.

oh how much I was in love with him.

"Rosie?" he asks and I nod against him to continue. "I don't ever want to tell you what to do," he muttered and I suddenly was confused. I moved so I was looking up at him. "but please stay away from max,"

this seemed so completely out of the blue and when I looked between his eyes to see he was serious. "I know,"

"and I know you do but you knew that when you went to that party and..." he grit his teeth a bit before continuing, "and max fucking threw a drink at you. not to mention that day he grabbed you," he closed his eyes, nostrils flaring just a bit before opening them going on again, "he's unhinged and I don't want you to get hurt,"

"I don't plan on going around him," I say knowing it was the truth but I also knew that I never asked for max to show up he just did.

Harry lifted his hand pushing some of my hair behind my ear, "just be careful, I wouldn't know how to stop myself if he put his hands on you again,"

"don't worry," I say cupping his cheek, "I won't get hurt,"

!!!VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE!!!