EPILOGUE

I smoothed my dress out under my hands, flexing my hands as fletcher looked himself over in the mirror. 

"stop worrying, I don't think he will come," he muttered lifting his glass of campaign to his lips. 

"I'm not worried," I muttered even if I was lying through my teeth. 

it had been seven years since I had seen harry last and not a day went by that I didn't think about seeing him again.  I felt horrible about how things went.

but I couldn't stay in that house, in that town any longer. 

fletcher had come to visit me often as I went to school. harry had already moved and soon Fletcher sent me a link to a song, nothing he had written but what harry had made, put out into the world. he grew fast in popularity and it damped any thought of me reaching out to him after spending my time healing. 

he was some big record writing person, I saw him on tv, over the news, everywhere I looked it seemed as if he was there looking back at me. 

after school I moved back into town, finding a home in a small apartment as I got my first teaching job at the elementary school. 

I kept my hair short, never finding the strength to heal that much to let it grow out how I had loved so much in high school. 

I watched as Fletcher fell in love until he was soon asking me to help him pick a ring to propose with. and now a year later I was standing helping him get ready to get married. 

he had invited harry, sending an invitation in the mail that hadn't come back saying if he was coming or not. 

I knew fletcher had tried contacting him only to be met with a wall of people who he had to go through and then complete silence. he hadn't been back home apparently since he had moved away for college and his parents rarely heard from him. 

I felt bad and I'd spent a lot of time thinking it was me who had caused the rift between them. that me leaving was a catalyst in the whole situation that occurred. but then I thought I had way too large an ego to believe such as thing. 

"well it's almost time to get this whole thing started and he still hasn't shown so don't worry," 

and I tried listening to fletcher, even when I was standing next to him at the altar with the other boys next to me I couldn't help thinking he would come in late sit down at the empty seat they had next to his dad and watch the ceremony. but as they read their vows, as fletcher became a husband I let the thought go and paid attention to the events happening in front of me. 

I was incredibly happy for Fletcher and cried giving my best women's speech. 

I watched as fletcher was the happiest I'd ever seen him and had to step out because I soon became overwhelmed. 

I walked out to the front garden of the venue, the place we had taken all of our bridal party photos. I sat on a bench and thought about all my unanswered questions. ones I knew would never be answered. 

would I have been married by now? to harry? would we have had kids? would I have been happy? 

of course, I would have been happy, I knew any time with harry I would have been the happiest. 

 what if max hadn't hurt you? what then? 

this question always stayed with me. always would stay with me. 

I shook my head standing, I never wanted to dwell too long on the past, I knew I would have to live with whatever happened, knew I could never change anything. 

I turned to leave, walked up the front steps about to pull open the door when I heard my name. 

I looked back over my shoulder and there he was. 

dressed in a simple black suit, an envelope in his hand as he stood still looking back at me with those green eyes, now highlighted in this faded moonlight mixed with the glow from the windows. 

"Harry?"  

"Rosie."

                                   THE END

!!!VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE!!!

check out the sequel to Rosie titled HARRY:)))))))